Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Poppystamps Rose Frame

I'm sharing a sunny hello and reminding you to play along with the Poppystamps monthly challenge! It's a great way to see how others are using their Poppystamps products and get a little inspiration. And who knows? You might just win a $20 gift certificate to the store! Wouldn't that be sweet?

This month we're having a Summer Heat Wave! This challenge has lots of possibilities! How about some Heat Embossing? Or maybe a little watercolors to cool off? This time I'm going with HOT COLORS - red, yellows and orange! 
The Poppystamps Rose Frame has been a favorite of mine since I first set eyes on it! I have colored it in lots of different ways in the past - with Copic Markers and Watercolor. Today I've inlaid all the pieces with colored card stock. 
Yes it was a bit of work, but completely worth it when you see the clean finished design. I wish you could run your hand across the smooth surface. I started by cutting the frame from white card stock and adhered it to a panel that I covered with a double sided adhesive sheet. It was easy to lay the pieces over the openings and push them in place with a needle tip tool. 
To add even more color I die cut some colorful circles for the center of the design before topping them with a Brush Hello die cut from white card stock. If you look close you'll see I've added an orange matt between the card base and the intricate die cut Rose Frame too. 
I hope you'll join us for our monthly challenge. It begins on the first of the month so there is lots of time to play. I'm always happy to add a few cards to my stash! Have a great day!



Finished Size 4.5 x 4.5"
Dies | Poppystamps Rose Frame, Brush Hello

POPPY = Poppystamps
SSS = Simon Says Stamp

Rose Frame
Rose Frame

POPPY | SSS
Brush Hello
Brush Hello

POPPY

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I love this!! It just makes me smile Jeanne. What a great die and the colors are wonderful. What a pretty pretty card!

Greta said...

The Rose Frame is so neat! Your card definitely says summer, Jeanne!