Thursday, May 2, 2019

Simple Stories Mom's Day Collection

I’m always excited to flip the calendar to reveal a new month. Being a card maker my first thoughts go to holidays, and special occasions like birthdays. It’s May and you know what that means right? It’s time to Celebrate MOM! 
There really is no way to thank Mom enough for all the wonderful things she does for me. From the beginning she’s been my cheerleader, always making me feel like I can do anything. She treasured my creations even when she wasn’t sure what she was looking at.. carefully asking me to describe my drawings so she wouldn’t guess wrong.
She is still delighted with my hand made cards today. I know that every one I send will be put in a place of honor in the kitchen where she can look at them every day. 
The Simple Stories Mom’s Day 12” Collection Kit is a beautiful mix of florals, dots and plaids. The sentiments on the sticker sheet are my favorite! I know these will have my mom smiling ear to ear!

“Mom gives the very best of hugs”
“No woman alive could take my momma’s place”
“I got it from my momma”

This pinwheel is going to be placed inside a plant or vase of flowers (I haven’t decided yet). It was made by trimming a 6x2” strip of four different papers. I used a Fiskars border punch to trim one edge and then scored a line between each scallop. Finally I “Z” folded and adhered the four strips together to make a circle. I secured the center with hot glue and then added a punched circle and stickers to the center. A twine wrapped skewer is hot glued to the reverse and a pretty bow completes the pinwheel.
The best gifts are from the heart and made with love.


Cards Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5”
Simple Stories #10689 Mom’s Day Collection

Mom's Day
Mom's Day

SS | SBK | SSS

No comments: