Wednesday, April 15, 2015

SSCB#42 Monograms & Verse

Did I tell you?  I'm doing a little renovation with my craft room.  DH is adding some kitchen cabinets and a big counter top for me to work on!  The down side is moving everything out of the way - out with the old and in with the new.  I won't tell you how many trips I made to the good will drop box with some of my older things.  I hope they find a new crafty home!  So far I have four new cabinets - counter top is on back order... so still a work in progress.   Yes! I promise some photos when it's all together!! 

We're at the half way point of the latest Serendipity Stamps Challenge.    This month the challenge is "Monograms & Verse".    We thought this would be a clever way for you to "stretch your stamps and dies".  Think of all the word dies you have.  You could make a neat monogram just by snipping off a few letters.   You could mask off letters from your sentiment stamps too.  There are so many beautiful fonts and initials to choose from.  Not feeling up to making a monogram?  Make a card with your favorite Serendipity sentiment.   I'm so lucky that my first and last initial are the same.  It makes it really easy to create a symmetrical design.
I love this floral frame stamp and really enjoyed coloring it with Copic markers.  I love all the colors I was able to incorporate into the design. 
We're trying something new at Serendipity - a 50% off "stamp of the month".  This time it's the Jar Label.   And... another special 50% Off select Wood Mounted stamps - you can see them here.

Need a little inspiration?  It's only a click away!  See what the design team made for this one!

 Have a great day!  I hope it's a beautiful Spring day wherever you are!









Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Serendipity Stamps Floral Frame
Dies:  Serendipity Stamps Joy & My, MFT Blueprint 20
Copic Markers, Memento Espresso Truffle 

9 comments:

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

WOW! This is beautiful, Jeanne! I love all the brightly colored flowers. I don't remember seeing that frame before, but I think I need it.

Vickie Z said...

It's gorgeous girl!! Love your 3 monogram letters too! Yay for renovating the craft room! Can't wait to see the pics!!

pam said...

This is stunning Jeanne, beautiful colors on your wonderful stamped frame..
Sounds like you are busy..darn`t start in my room yet!!!.
Pam

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous coloring of that beautiful floral border! Your initials are beautiful in that script!

Sharron said...

Gorgeous card, Jeanne! The coloring is so wonderful! Can't wait to see your craft room photos. It's going to be fantastic I'm sure!

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely card! With beautifully colored flowers! This couldn't be any more spring like!

Kim Heggins said...

WOW...what a fabulous card!

Christine Kiehl said...

Beautiful!

Marybeth said...

This is gorgeous! Great initials to have, you know I see Jesus Mary Joseph:) I love that colored frame !