Saturday, April 11, 2015

CASology - News - Special Delivery

Hi and thanks for stopping by for a visit!  Are you having a good weekend?   Mine is going to be pretty busy!  DH promised me some kitchen cabinets in my craft room.  I guess we're both taking this crafty thing serious now -  it's not just a passing fad.   Hardly a day goes by that I don't sit in this room.   Time to get it organized a little better!


We're not redoing the entire room - just moving everything away from two walls, installing cabinets with drawers under the window and putting a counter top on it.  Right now there is a row of file cabinets with a  piece of laminated wood on top.  It's where I keep my guillotine chopper.    The counter top will be much longer and I'm hoping to be able to take my photos here instead of running down to the dining room where I'm currently set up.
Today I'm playing along with CAS ology!  The cue card word this time is "NEWS". Gillian on the DT just had a baby so this is a good excuse to make a card to welcome baby.   I've been dabbling with watercolors and different techniques.       I inked my stamp  with Ranger Distress Faded Jeans and spritzed it with water before stamping it on to watercolor paper.    This carriage from Waltzingmouse  is really a very detailed stamp - it's amazing how it is transformed by  adding a  little water! 
 I didn't water spritz the sentiment - I wanted it easy to read.   I thought it might look strange stamped crisp and clear under the soft watercolor carriage so I stamped it on a die cut. 
The little bit of twine seems to dress it up a bit - and give it a fun casual feel.   Want to play along?  You can get all the details here at CASology!    

Have a great weekend!   
  


Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Stamps Little Darling
Paper:  Canson Watercolor 120#
The Twinery Twine Denim
Ranger Distress Ink Faded Jeans

7 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

That baby buggy looks wonderful the way you distress stamped it! Such a great look! So excited for you to get some new cabinets! You'll have to take a few pictures when they are all set up!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!

Joyce said...

OH, Jeanne--I always love it when you decide to go CAS and play with us here at CASology. You have such CAS flair. I adore this retro baby carriage, and the way you've used water to soften the image is just fantastic. I'm also so excited for your craft room redo. Thanks so much for playing along with us here at CASology this week.

Marybeth said...

Oh , Jeanne sounds like a fun way to spend a weekend ..getting your craft area all new and with new top. Your guy knows how much you love what you do.
Love your card and what a smart idea for “News”
I have all my WMS card completed and photographed.

Judy1223 said...

Jeanne, it's amazing how the spritz of water before stamping changed the carriage -- it has a vintage feel to it and it is beautiful! I hope the cabinets went up this weekend...sounds fun to get organized! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Kim Heggins said...

Just beautiful Jeanne...love the wonderful look your created, so sweet.

Jen W. said...

Jeanne, that image is perfect for this technique and gives such great effect. Clean, classic and elegant! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!