Thursday, June 22, 2023

Tools for Dad

Thanks for stopping by! Today I'm playing along at Cupcake Inspirations where they're looking for Father's Day / Masculine cards. I made this card for my DH who is quite handy with the tools and is always working on maintenance and new projects around the house.
My card starts with the Woven Frame cover panel cut from mustard cardstock. I layered it over brown cardstock so the darker shade shows through the die cut holes. Next I added a Wooden Frame die cut to create a focal point.
I added a green toolbox with the "Dad" sentiment stamped on the side, and loaded it up with lots of die cut tools. I cut the metal pieces with shiny foil paper, and the ruler with some wood veneer to help bring it to life.
The finishing touch was some metallic enamel dots to pick up on all that silver in the design.
I know my guy will get a kick out of the little plyers, wrenches, saw and hammer!
Maybe you have a handy man in your life too? I love that I can mix his interest in making with mine. Maybe that's why he appreciates my creative side? Because he's a little crafty too!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Waffle Flower For The Guys
Dies | Waffle Flower Toolbox, Wooden Frame, Woven Pattern

WFL = Waffle Flower
SCB = Scrapbook.com
SSS = Simon Says Stamp

Toolbox
Toolbox
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
For the Guys
For the Guys
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Wooden Frame
Wooden Frame
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Woven Pattern
Woven Pattern
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I'm playing catch up after our vacation and I've missed a whole lot of fabulousness! Each card is as wonderful as the next, Jeanne!

Nora Noll said...

This is darling!! I LOVE all the fun tools and how you made them metallic color where they should be on the tool. Totally cool layout.
Thanks for playing with us this round at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations