Thursday, April 21, 2022

Arista Floral

I hope you're having a good day! I love flowers! When it's too cold outside to enjoy the garden, I'm happy to be making with them in my craft rooms so the new release from Birch Press Design makes me HAPPY!

I like to cut lots of flowers in several different shades of cardstock all at the same time. When it comes time to making I have my choice of flowers to arrange. I lay them out on a clear piece of plastic the size of my card front before I commit and adhere them in place.

Because the plastic is clear I can pick up the entire arrangement and layer it over different backgrounds. For this card I used Viola Plate Layer A. Using just one layer of the three layer background set allows more color and gives a lacy look to the background.
To create a focal point I added an Arista Layer B die cut with a darker shade of pink adhered underneath. The foliage is adhered flat to the card base, and the florals are adhered with adhesive foam tape. This adds dimension.

Remember when you're making that there's no right or wrong.. it's all about what appeals to you. I hope you'll mix and match your different sets and imagine your flowers in unexpected colors. I think you'll be delighted with the results!




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Birch Press Design Rainbow Days Lingo Notes
Dies | Birch Press Design Dainty Rose, Tiny Tuft Flowers, Pimpernel, Star Flower, Eucalyptus Stem & Berries, Arista, Viola
Gems | Memory Box Autumn Fairy Jewels, Winter Fantasy Fairy Gemstones

BPD = Birch Press Design
SSS = Simon Says Stamp


Rainbow Days Lingo Notes
Rainbow Days Lingo Notes

BPD | SSS
Dainty Rose
Dainty Rose

BPD | SSS
Tiny Tuft Flowers
Tiny Tuft Flowers

BPD | SSS
Pimpernel
Pimpernel

BPD | SSS
Star Flower
Star Flower

BPD | SSS
Eucalyptus Stem and Berries
Eucalyptus Stem and Berries

BPD | SSS
Arista Layer Set
Arista Layer Set

BPD | SSS
Viola Plate
Viola Plate

BPD | SSS
Autumn Fairy Jewels
Autumn Fairy Jewels

SSS
Winter Fantasy Fairy Gemstones
Winter Fantasy Fairy Gemstones

SSS

No comments: