Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Blossoming Slimline Birthday

Hi Friends! Thanks for stopping by! Do you love slimline cards? You'll love the latest additions from Spellbinders. Whenever I think of Spellbinders I sort of get the warm fuzzies. I think they were the very first die set I ever purchased way back when and I still love they're style and quality today.
This is the Blossoming Slimline die. I started by cutting it out from white cardstock and then added Elizabeth Crafts double sided adhesive to the back. Next I adhered the panel to an aqua colored panel.
The tape adhered to the back of the die cut leaves all the die cut openings sticky. Next I die cut the panel with colored cardstock and inlayed the pieces into the sticky openings. I started with the aqua pieces because they are the majority and fill most of the space.
Yes this is a time consuming method, but it's so worth it after you see your smooth clean card in bright bold colors - it's like a mosaic or stained glass - just stunning.
The die includes four dies so you can cut just the shapes you want. I used them all! I topped the striped center label with a sentiment strip - it's hard to see in a photograph but it's actually gold foil.
I'm linking this card to AAA Birthday where they're looking for Birthday Cards! OBVIOUSLY!! LOL!!! I hope you find some time to play along- and have a great day!




Finished Size: 3.75 x 8.5"
Glimmer Hot Foil Sentiment | Spellbinders More Sentiments
Dies | Spellbinders Blossoming Slimline

SPB = Spellbinders
SCB = Scrapbook Dot Com
SSS = Simon Says Stamp

Blossoming Slimline
Blossoming Slimline

SPB | SCB | SSS
More Sentiments
More Sentiments

SPB | SCB | SSS
Glimmer Foil Polished Brass
Glimmer Foil Polished Brass

SPB | SCB | SSS
Glimmer Hot Foil System
Glimmer Hot Foil System

SPB | SCB | SSS
Tool 'n One
Tool 'n One

SPB | SCB | SSS

6 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

That's a nice puzzle to fix back together ;-) Great card. Thank you for playing at AAA Birthday Cards

Liz said...

Stunning card Jeanne, what a fabulous die! xx

Lisa Elton said...

Love the colors, this is terrific!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful!

Tina said...

Such a beautiful card, Jeanne! So happy to see you join us at AAA for our speciel month of celebrating 2 years. Hugs, Tina

Jane said...

Such amazingly vibrant and pretty colours. Awesome card! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!