Saturday, May 15, 2021

Birthday Fishes and Underwater Wishes

Sending you best fishes and underwater greetings today! Making some punny scenes couldn't be easier than with the new Poppystamps whittles.
My cards always start with images arranged on a piece of plastic the size of my card base. I can play around with arrangement and decide on what colors I want to use before I commit. The clear plastic sheet allows me to slide different colors underneath to coordinate the designs.
The single cover with a stamped sentiment looked a little flat to me so I added two more layers of cardstock underneath. I wanted to mimic the layers of shades and shadow you might see in an underwater scene.
The Whittle Seascape is double cut to add more dimension to the design. The fish are cut from rainbow colors and adhered with adhesive foam tape. I added some silly eyes to the Whittle Happy Octopus, and some Memory Box Fairy Drops are underwater b
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Poppystamps Whittle Sealife Sentiments
Dies | Poppystamps Whittle Happy Octopus, Whittle Seascape, Whittle Fish Trio
Gems | Memory Box Fairy Drops

POPPY = Poppystamps
SSS = Simon Says Stamp

Whittle Happy Octopus
Whittle Happy Octopus

POPPY | SSS
Whittle Seascape
Whittle Seascape

POPPY | SSS
Whittle Fish Trio
Whittle Fish Trio

POPPY | SSS
Whittle Sealife Sentiments
Whittle Sealife Sentiments

POPPY | SSS
Fairy Drops
Fairy Drops

SSS

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Those eyes! This is fun!

Laurie said...

Cute and colorful! Love the little fish. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!