Tuesday, August 16, 2016

To Grow A Friend

We're celebrating summer with garden themed projects this week at The Twinery! I love gardening and I love this time of year because the garden is in full bloom. Small seedlings that were planted in May have matured and are producing an abundance of flowers (and veggies!) and the yard is a riot of color.
It's no secret I love working with floral images, and this set from Reverse Confetti is one of my favorites.

Nothing makes colors pop more than a neutral background. I layered on soft grey papers and wrapped Charcoal twine around my card. I took a two foot length, folded it in half to make a loop on one end. As I wrapped it around the card I feed the two loose ends through the loop, threaded a button with the two ends and finished with a bow to secure it in place.
The Charcoal Twine adds some drama to the bright colors of the flowers, and anchors all the die cut images. Have you ever noticed sometimes it looks like your image is "floating" ? Running a bit of twine behind the design gives the appearance that it's holding everything in place. I wrap the twine around the cover of the card. The cotton is thin enough that the card still lays flat and adds to that "home made" look and appeal that I love.
I'm sending this to a dear friend so she knows I'm thinking about her .. still after all these years!







Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse convertti Love Blooms, Garden Bunch
Dies | Circles N Scallops, Garden Bunch, Love Blooms
Pattern Paper | Crate Paper Bloom 6"
Sequins Pretty Pink Posh
Twinery Charcoal Twine 
Button 

6 comments:

richardbreaks said...

Wow, Jeanne, that's just spectacular! I love your background, with all those patterns. Just wonderful.

Julia Aston said...

Love the background patterns and your beautifully stamped die cut florals!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful again, Jeanne!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, this is pretty!! Love the fresh summer colors Jeanne!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your old friend is going to adore this beautiful card! I love the bright colorful flowers against those pretty papers!

Sharron said...

Your background is so amazing! You were able to combine all those patterns and still maintain a wonderful neutral look. Love the sweet blooms and that fabulous sentiment!