Monday, August 1, 2016

RC SFYTT#39 Thank You For Being A Friend!

Can you believe it's August already? I mean it sure feels like it ! Is it hot where you are too? I think the whole month of July felt like August.... but just hearing the name of the month.. August.. makes me think summer is over. Maybe that's from "back to school" - still traumatized as an adult LOL! I suppose it won't change my schedule too much now! It's just a reminder to enjoy today - spend a few extra moments basking in the sunshine!

If you love challenges today is the day for you - there are so many now that begin on the first of the month. It's a great way to see products you might already have in use, and if you play along you might just be adding some new goodies to your own stash! Here's the August Reverse Confetti Sketch For You To Try (SFYTT). You can always find it on the Reverse Confetti Blog just by clicking on the "Current Sketch For You To Try" button in the right column.

Here's my take on the sketch....




I used the sketch to create the base of my card. Since the circle is the focal point in the sketch I added a sentiment from the Labeled Stamp Set there. 
I used the Labeled Confetti cut on the sentiment.  The double layer makes a great matt so you can add more color.   I used a yellow matt to pick up on the yellow in the background papers. 
If you look close you can see I added a little yellow cardstock border too - this was cut with the Double Scallop Border die.  That is one of my favorites - there is a different border on either side so you can choose large scallops or small - it's like two dies in one! 
I surrounded the sentiment with flowers from the Garden Bunch Stamp set.  The foliage is from Love Blooms.    I usually try to make more flowers than I will use whenever I'm stamping.  I always save a few - so the next time I pull out the set I already have leaves or flowers to work with - it's a real time saver.
I added some Twinery Buttercream Twine under the label - I think this helps things look like they are anchored and not floating in space.  Did you know that Reverse Confetti carries Twinery Twine?   You can find it here.  You can select the color you want and a 15 yard skein is $3.00
Thanks for visiting today!  I hope this is the start of a great month for all of us! 





Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Garden Bunch, Labeled, Love Blooms
Dies | Reverse Confetti Garden Bunch, Labeled, Love Blooms, Double Edge Scallop Border
Pattern Paper | Crate Paper Bloom 6"
Twinery Buttercream Twine
Sequins Pretty Pink Posh
Misc. Button

6 comments:

Lyn said...

Such a beautiful card, the sketch is awesome too and I will look forward to playing along with it this month. So excited for the next release :)

Diane Jaquay said...

This is gorgeous, Jeanne! You keep making me want RC stamp sets I don't own, stop that lol!

Marybeth said...

Jeanne this card is gorgeous, I know I say that all the time but it is! Such pretty colors with the pink and yellow! Im glad its August that means football and fall are almost here!

Lisa Elton said...

Your bright sunny yellow and beautiful blooms just scream summer!! Love this Jeanne!

Sharron said...

Yes, so hot here, and humid! Can't wait until fall. Your card is gorgeous, love all the perfectly placed layers! The blooms are beautiful!

Nora Noll said...

I really like the pretty papers you used on this paired with those lovely flowers. You have such a lovely way of layering everything that I wish I had!!