Wednesday, August 10, 2016

CAS-ual Fridays Live Simply

Hi and thanks for stopping by!  I hope you're having a great day!  It's my day to post on the CAS-ual Fridays blog and while I was tempted to work with some of the new holiday stamps, I guess I'm just not ready to let go of summer!

This sentiment is from my favorite CAS-ual Fridays set called "Dream Then Do".  I love the mixed font and the wonderful sentiment.

To get each line stamped perfectly, each in it's very own color, I used my Misti stamping tool.    I used washi tape to block off the parts of the area I wanted to protect from the ink.  Between each color I wiped the stamp with a baby wipe, and then a dry rag before masking with washi and inking the next line.  The Misti kept the stamp in place for me.  Make sure you wipe the stamp dry between each application - you don't want water spots!

I love how the colors of the stamping pick up the colors in the pattern paper background.  I added a little wood veneer birdie to repeat the bird pattern in the background paper too.
 Don't the colors remind you of popsicles?   Yep.. winter can wait! 

I made a CAS version of the card using the same CAS-ual Fridays Ingredients.
I debossed the Bubble Box Fri Dies on a panel of white card stock., and then I stamped the sentiment inside the debossed area. 




If you see something you would like to purchase from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps, I hope that you will use my code.  The commission that I would normally receive has been redirected to CAS-ual Fridays to use toward breast cancer awareness and prevention.

I do not take any form of cash payment for endorsing products on my blog.  I am occasionally given supplies in exchange for samples.  I only use products that I would purchase and recommend to others. 









Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | CAS-ual Fridays Dream Then Do
Dies | CAS-ual Fridays Bubble Box | Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders 
Pattern Paper | Crate Paper "Bloom" 6"
Enamel Dots
Twinery Strawberry Twine

8 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Pure spring delight. Adore the fresh ice cream colours and how you have used the twine. This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Becca Cruger said...

Simple, but so impactful with those bright, bold words and such a beautiful sentiment!

pam said...

Gorgeous CAS card Jeanne, love the beautiful colours on each line of your sentiment.
Fabulous tool the Misti.
Pam x

Lisa Elton said...

These are both just as sweet as can be Jeanne!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love the beautiful colors on this beautiful card!!

Annie Solomon said...

Love both these cards. It's so fun to see how the same stamp sets can be used in different ways. I like the fact that you didn't do a scene with the camping set. And the card with the butterflies was interesting and eye-catching with it's shaped and stitched frame. Enjoyed seeing them both!

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is just gorgeous Jeanne! I've got to get a MISTI! Love the bright colors and the touching sentiment!

Marta said...

i love the pop of yellow against the soft blue