Sunday, August 21, 2016

Cupcake Inspirations Surprise Sweetie

Surprise!  I can't tell you how delighted I was to be asked to be Cupcake Inspirations Surprise Sweetie this week!   I love playing challenges whenever I can and was the lucky winner recently!   After I agreed to be the guest I couldn't wait to see the inspiration photo.  As soon as I got it my enthusiasm disappeared.  If you know me I'm not big on color challenges - as soon as I hear the colors I start thinking about things that are that color.  Just as an example.. if you tell me RED - then I'm thinking apples, strawberries, firetrucks etc.  It's just hard to wrap my head around.    There is no inspiration photo this time.  This week it's a color challenge!  LOL!  Yep!  Of course it is!  Laughing more here.   

In the end it all worked out because it made me think a little different and I really am happy with the end result - a card I would have never made otherwise.  Maybe all that "you can do this.. you can do this" convinced me that I actually could?  And if I CAN then I promise YOU CAN!  The challenge this time is Amethyst, Honey and White. 

I painted a simple wash background using Peerless Yellow Ochre.  Trust me it looks much better once it's dry.  Be patient! LOL!  I added a little Amber Yellow.  When it was dry I added spots of the Yellow Ochre.   I use Canson XL water color paper.   The Hello die, stems and leaves were also cut from the same paper.

I cut the Poppystamps Small Iceland Poppy in Purple card Stock, and distressed the edges to give them more depth. 
I double cut the little butterflies from two shades of yellow card stock.  I layered them with the darker shade on bottom, and bent the top butterfly leaves to add some dimension.
The finishing touch was some clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.  They match anything and add lots of sparkle and shine! 


I hope you'll join me at Cupcake Inspirations this week!   Their sponsor this time is... 

 Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week and I hoep you find some time to play!









Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Dies | Poppystamps Hip Hello, Viola Leaves | Small Iceland Poppy | Emelia Butterfly Trio
Peerless Watercolor (Birch Press Design)
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh

14 comments:

BenteS said...

Beautiful card!
Love your colors, and the poppies really stand out in that purple color.

Donna said...

In so many ways you are my complete opposite, Jeanne. Give me a colour challenge any day of the week, but sketches? They have me running for the hills. My brain just can't seem to wrap it's head around those concrete sketch designs. Thank goodness for DT's - at least I can look at their cards and 'translate' what the sketch could actually be!
Love your vibrant card. Peerless haven't crossed the pond to the UK - at least not last time I checked.
Enjoy your Sunday. X

Birgit said...

Jeanne, you're the perfect choice to be this weeks Surprise Sweetie! I just love your work and this card is lovely in every way!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, love these colors!!! The flowers are GORGEOUS!

cm said...

So thrilled that you're the Surprise Sweetie over at Cupcake Inspirations! *You can do this* now becomes *You DID do this*...with style and flair! Gorgeous amethyst flowers (amazing the depth created with the edge-inking) placed so beautifully on your lovely honey background! Swooning...
Hugs~c

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!!!

Linda said...

Congrats to you. Your cards is just so beautiful. Love those gorgeous purple flowers.

Dr Sonia S V said...

It is such a beauty Jeanne...I too am not good at color Challenges. I do love how you used the poppy die.I bought it months back but not yet created anything with it....your poppy is very inspiring
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Deborah Frings said...

I think you rocked the colours! I love the bold purple flowers and the lovely yellow watercolour background. This has a lovely crisp feel with touches of sparkle too. Thanks so much for being our Surprise Sweetie this week! Deborah, DT xx

Sharron said...

Wow, LOVE this stunning design! The way you used the colors is so amazing. Those flowers just seem to glow!

eyes2theocean said...

What a pretty card. Perfect for spring or anytime. Beautiful.

Naki said...

GORGEOUS!!! Is there any other word to describe this stunning card!? I would have never ever guessed you don't like color challenges! Thank you so much for being our surprise sweetie this week! Hope to see more of your beautiful cards!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card! I love your vibrant colours - fantastic! Kamila DT

Nora Noll said...

Oh wow! This is so pretty!! The rich, purple with with that yellow. Amazing!!