Monday, August 15, 2016

Make Today Amazing!

Hi friends!  I hope you're having a beautiful day!    I'm loving the summer flowers - I was a smart girl and planted perennials as well as annuals so I have beautiful flowers in the yard all summer long.  I wish I could show you all the different colors of Rose of Sharon blooming now!   I rarely pick any of the flowers - they last longer outside, and motivate me to walk around the yard and discover more each day.
When I need flowers inside I pull out a pretty floral stamp set and make my own!   Today I'm playing with the Flower Patch stamp set.  You don't have to have the coordinating dies to make a beautiful card.   I started by stamping my sentiment in the middle of the card.  This helps me place the flowers and foliage on my design.  I know I'll be covering up the sentiment so it's easy to see where the leaves will be peeking out from behind when I cover it up. 
I wanted to share a little trick that you can do with the rose stamp in the set.  It doesn't come with a solid background image for double stamping.  I wanted to add more color and give it a more solid look so I flipped the stamp over, inked it up  and  stamped with a light pink, and then stamped the "right" side detailed image in a darker shade of pink.   This gave me the color I was looking for.
Next I stamped and die cut the sentiment with the Memory Box Stitched Circle die and adhered it to the card with adhesive foam tape.  This covers up the original sentiment stamping and looks very clean. 

I finished up by adding some pearls and rhinestones to the flower centers.  Yep!  I love my bling! LOL!
Are you inspired now to make some flowers of your own?












Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Poppystamps Flower Patch
Dies | Poppystamps Flower Patch | Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers

7 comments:

!neke said...

Beautiful stamping !!!!!

Crafting with Jeanne said...

Hi Jeanne. My name is Jeanne also! I popped over from the Tag You're It site and was enjoying your blog. Seems we are both flower lovers. When I was younger and in a larger house/yard, I had over 50 varieties of perennials (my fav.) I've cut back since then. My paper crafting allows me to stay in the air conditioning, not to mention less aches and pains in my back! LOL This is a super pretty card. Thanks for the tip for making a non-layering image into one with more detail and dimension. Great idea!! I love your work.

Debbie A. said...

Beautiful card, Jeanne! What a great idea for the rose stamp! Thanks so much for sharing with us and for participating in this great hop and giveaway.

Lisa Elton said...

Fresh and lovely card Jeanne!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Jeanne! Love all the fresh and fun flowers! So cheerful! You make these products sing! Thanks for the inspiration!

Cindy Beach said...

I agree with Mona, you make these products sing!
The flowers are bold and beautiful and bright! Love the card and the tip about the stamp.
I appreciate your sharing about how you looped and tied the twine. Perfectly done!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful!