Monday, August 29, 2011

WMSC 62 - August 27, 2011 - Gothic Haloween Tag

WaltzingmouseStampsWMS-62I thought I would do a Halloween version of the sketch challenge.  I thought this would be great to tuck in with a bag of home made chocolate chip cookies for my daughter's best friend that went off to college this month - Go Purdue!  I bet she is missing home and some home cooking!

I used the "shoulder" stamps from the Vintage Labels 1 for my top and bottom row on the sketch design.   I used the Fancy Flourishes & Scallops & Dots to dress up the sentiment with a little magical swirl and topped it all off with a great big bow - this time some sheer wired organza, and an orange seam binding bow.  The die cut is made by Spellbinders for Xyron Creatopia - Joann's is carrying them now and I really loved the shape of this one - the 40% off coupon never hurts either.  I hand trimmed the outside off the tag so that the silver background shows around the edges.  The Fleur de Lis Square in black gives it the pefect gothic look.
Products Used:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse: Midnight Feast, Vintage Labels 1, Fancy Flourishes & Scallops & Dots
Die Cuts:  Spellbinders for Xyron Shapes/Creatopia - Frame 2, Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Squares
Seam Binding:  Hug Snug Orange
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black, Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Ink:  Spiced Marmalade, Antique Linen
Cosmic Brownie:  Little Debbies

10 comments:

Kelly S. said...

This tag is frightfully creepy yet oddly gorgeous, giggle! I just love the black scrolly edges with that beautiful bow. Your images from each set just flow together perfectly!

Marevka said...

Красота! Такая необычная цветовая гамма!

Kim Duran said...

Wow! I love this tag! My favorite is the flourish background, the fancy edges around the border, the way you used the vintage labels stamps - ok, I guess I don't have a favorite because I love it all! lol

Great take on this challenge! I am so glad you shared your creation with us at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!

Lenet said...

Wow what a gorgeous scary tag!!!! Thanks for joining us at WMSC

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love this unique, fun and creative Halloweeny tag!! Fabulous!!

Deborah Frings said...

I'm very late getting around the tags - and I'm delighted to see that you're a Top Mouse for this one! It's absolutely fantastic - so many gorgeous details. Just stunning!

Em said...

Such a stunning Gothic Halloween tag! Nice using of the dies, colors, & sentiment! Love it!

Renee said...

Jeanne...
sorry I'm so late with this...
long story but let me just say "remodel" and hopefully you'll understand :)
This is stunning!
I love the die cut...the colors...the ribbon...
so perfect and so well deserving of Top Mouse!!
CONGRATULATIONS!

Anne said...

Totally creepy but awesome tag- LOVE it!

Tigriswillreign said...

I'm literally drooling! This is magnificent!