Friday, August 5, 2011

Waltzingmouse Case Card July 2011 Cameo

Today I am showing you my CASE (Copy and Share Everything) card for the Waltzingmouse competition.
Instructions are easy... Find a card or project from any of the projects posted over the past few days by the WMS Design Team, CASE that project using Waltzingmouse Stamp images, and link it using the Inlinkz on Claire’s blog at
http://waltzingmouse.blogspot.com/. At the end of the competition, one project will be randomly selected to be highlighted with a Parade of its own on several of the Design Team blogs. Competition will close on August 10th. The hard part is deciding which design to case. 

I've been watching the design team entry blogs for
the past few days and decided on one by Sarah Martina Parker - you can check out her blog at SarahMartina.com.  OK it is hard for me to get used to the idea of copying someone else's design - so I tried to stick with her basic sketch pattern and make it my own.   Just as Sarah's daughter was the inspiration for her design - my daughter was instrumental in influencing me on this card.   I knew I wanted to do a 180 degree opposite of Sarah's design and decided  to use a glittery leopard print for my background.  My daughter flipped over this idea and gave the end project her teen seal of approval.

I couldn't come up with a gold flower to match so crafted my own out of the lace I used for the border at the top.  I just put some ribbon strip adhesive along the length of the ribbon and crimped it every few centimeters.  The center decoration is just a button I had on hand that I snipped the loop back off of. 

This is Sarah's card design.......................                                     This is my CASE Card.
   

Finished Card is 5 x 7"
Products Used:
Waltzingmouse Stamps:  Cameo to Go and Oval Classic Frames
White & Gold Embossing Powder:  Zing
Die Cuts:  Spellbinders:  Classic Scalloped Ovals, Classic Ovals
Border Cut:  Cricut Easter 2010 Cartridge 3.25"
Lace & Ribbon Hobby Lobby

12 comments:

Sarah Martina said...

My word, Jeanne... this is AMAZING! :) I'm at a loss for words - you knocked this out of the park! :) I'm so inspired by YOU!

Cathy Weber said...

This is stunning. That black bow is gorgeous and I love that you made your own flower. Great job on casing a card, but really making it your own.

Lana said...

Wow! This is very beautiful card and it's sooo elegant! :)

Kelly S. said...

Oh COOOOOL! I just love the hip look to your card, that leopard paper is ridiculously fabulous! I love how you took Sarah's design and the same stamp set and made a TOTALLY unique card. AWESOME! Is that what the teens are saying these days??!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Jeanne! So rich and elegant looking! Thanks for playing along with the WM CASE competition!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

WOW!! This is gorgeous Jeanne!! I love all the gold and black with the sparkle!!

Deborah Frings said...

Wow!!!! This is stunning - the leopard paper is just so gorgeous - it's beautifully CASEd and totally original! Fabulous!

Pauline said...

Beautiful and elegant, lov ethe mix of gold and silver embossing.

Inkyfingers said...

Wow, it looks so different and is gorgeous. Great job.
Hugs
Carol x

Julia Aston said...

You certainly made this CASE your own Jeanne! love the papers and colors you used - what a beauty!

Kathi said...

Wow... you did a wonderful job and I just love the card you made. Congratulations.
XX Kathi :-)

Deborah Frings said...

Congratulations on winning this month's CASE competition. Your card is just stunning and is a worthy winner! xx