Sunday, August 28, 2011

OWH Skech Challenge 84 - August 27, 2011 Travel Collage

I have some extra time today - my husband and son left early for a 50 mile bike ride.  They are meeting up with a group of scouts and will be gone for a few hours, that gives me time to be creative.  I've had this stamp from Stampabilities called Travel Collage for a while. I think it's a really great masculine stamp and I thought it would be a good fit for one of my OWH cards.

I just recently started using the seam binding from Hug Snug for my bows.  You can get it at Fabric.com (Amazon has it a little cheaper but no free shipping).  It runs about $10 for 100 yards - that's really affordable at 10 cents a yard.  It is made out of Rayon so it has a really nice shine and is easy to work with.  It looks great smooth or crinkled.  I haven't tried this but I heard that the white is easy to die to your perfect shade by mixing your favorite ink with a little water and spritzing the ribbon.  It comes in so many beautiful colors - you are bound to see a shade you will love!

Products Used:
Stamp:  Stampabilities Travel Collage  Just Because Stamp - Just Rite
Patterned Paper:  K& Company
Ribbon:  Hug Snug Seam Binding Aquarelle
Ink:  Momento Rich Cocoa, Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress Ink:  Antique Linen
Die Cuts  Spellbinders for Just Rite

10 comments:

Brenda said...

Gorgeous card!! I love it all! Thanks for the tip on the ribbon! Very well done-thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

very nice, love the colors and the theme

Paula S. said...

Gorgeous! Travel themes are one of my all time favorites. Great source for the ribbon too. That really is a great price for such a a nice ribbon.

StampTramps said...

Your card is gorgeous! Thank you for the seam binding tip, I will look for some on my next craft store trip!

ThePurplePlace said...

Wonderful card and your bow is amazing! I love ribbon and bows, but getting my bows to tie nicely is quite a challenge and no matter how I try to tie them...they never look that good!!

:)

Anonymous said...

great card thanks for sharing about the ribbon. it looks great. love the stamp

airbornewife said...

oh my this is so pretty... love everything about it. that is a great deal on the binding.

thanks for sharing ~ Pam

Linda said...

I am totally in love with this card! I plan to case it! Way to rock the sketch!!!

Julie said...

Gorgeous card, Jeanne! I love the vintage style of that stamp. Thanks for the tip about the ribbon, I love that stuff! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

ThePurplePlace said...

Thanks for the note about how you make such fabulous bows. They sell very similar little dowel bow-makers at my LSS that were handmade by a local crafter. I have not bought one yet, but now I'm tempted! I did try it there one day, but could NOT figure it out!! DUH!!

Thanks for Becca's site link too! :)