Sunday, August 28, 2011

CR84FN Color Challenge 37 Week of August 27, 2011 Light Blue, Turquoise, Neutral Love - Luckenbooth / Claddagh


Blue and Turquoise must be my colors for this week.  This is my third post in a row with lots of blue!    But that is OK - Blue is my favorite color!

For the CR84FN challenge I made this romantic heart card - I admit I was reading romance on my Kindle while resting from my dental surgery.  It was a gothic vampire novel with a princess of course.  I've got you thinking Edward and Bella right?  Suddenly it's all becoming so clear..... 
I used this Claddagh/Luckenbooth stamp from Highlander Celtic Stamps that I embossed in gold and then colored with Copic markers.   I just started my Copic collection and I'm learning on my own until there is a class in my area.  UTube has been very helpful with this.  Did you notice how I alternated the colors on the left side of the intertwined hearts?  These markers really do blend beautifully - and the color still came through nicely on this ivory colored paper.


The heart locket is a button that I snipped the back off.  I think it looks great with the key.  For the frilly ribbon that accents the heart I simply took about 8 inches of wired organza ribbon and pinch gathered it on one side.  The wire really helps it stay in place and makes it easy to tape down.  Thanks for checking out my blog and for your kind words of encouragement!
Products Used:
Stamp:  Highlandercelticstamps.com Claddagh/Luckenbooth
Copic R46, R43, B00, B04, YR12
Patterned Paper:  Echo Park Life is Good Collection - Grandma's Quilt
Zing! Gold Embossing Powder
Die Cuts:  HEARTS:  Spellbinders Nested Hearts, KEY: Timeless Heritage  FRAME:  Sizzix Frame w/Flowers & Vine
Ink:  Ranger Tim Holtz/Distress Broken China 

11 comments:

Theresa said...

Very cute and great coloring. Very Nice :)

Sue Lelli said...

LOVELY card! The lock and key and lovebirds are delightful! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Jeanne! The stenciled heart looks fabulous! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

Marevka said...

Открытка из волшебной сказки!

Mad for Paper said...

This is stunning. I love the Celtic image. May have to check them out.
TFS
Ang

Lisa Elton said...

Oh this heart with the pretty elements tucked inside is wonderful!

Suzanne Russell said...

The coloring and layers really brighten the vivid blues! great job on the challenge!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love the locket and key elements! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

VanessaB said...

really beautiful!

Andrea M said...

WOW Jeanne! This is FABULOUS! So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!

Deborah Frings said...

Such a stunning card - I love that heart and the gorgeous ribbon! The lock and key are super accents! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!