Monday, August 15, 2011

OWH Sketch #82 Week of August 14, 2011 - Bustin' Mustangs!






I hope everyone is having a great week. Summer is winding down and school starts at the end of this week. I am sorry to see the kids go back to school, but I will be glad to be back to a routine. Somebody has been sleeping in a little bit too much lately - and no it's not me!  

I met with a bunch of scouts today to work on some Boy Scout Eagle badge requirements.  It was great to hear about all the fun things they did all summer - from Sea Cadet Training to a trip to Europe, and lots of great places in between!  Their excitement is contageous!
I've been staying close to home playing taxi driver and trying to take advantage of the time I am not in motion.  The days are getting shorter and it's getting cooler at night so I know fall isn't far behind.  My Tomatoes and peppers are just starting to come in.   I'm looking forward to a big bowl of homemade salsa!  Maybe that's how I got thinking cowboys!

This is the Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge for the Week of August 14.  I went with a nice big cowboy image from Stampin' Up!  It was a little strange for me to frame him at an angle - I'm so used to having to line things up nice and straight.   I like the end result on this one - I sort of think this orientation makes my cowboy look like he is trying to tame a wild mustang! 

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Cowboy: Stampin' Up!, Background Stamp:  Ornate Textured Background Stampabilities
Silver Star Cut out - Cricut Old West Cartridge
Red Flourish:  Spellbinders Floral Doily Motifs
Ink:  Momento Rich Cocoa, Desert Sand    
Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress Ink: Antique Linen

9 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Jeanne, Great card. I love how your image looks on that designer paper and your embellishments are just perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Deborah Frings said...

This is just brilliant. I love the papers and the image is super. Perfect card for guy!

Jen M said...

i LOVE this! It looks fab, what a great masculine card!

airbornewife said...

great card Jeanne... love everything about it.
thanks for sharing ~ Pam

Julie said...

Awesome card, Jeanne! You're right, this stamp looks great set on an angle like this! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Unknown said...

This is fantastic! I would frame it in a shadowbox style frame with my great, great somebody's lone spur.

Paula S. said...

Gorgeous card! I have this stamp set too and it's one of my favorites, especially when making masculine cards for OWH.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Jeanne! That SU Western sets was one of my faves and very first sets I bought! Love the metallic embellishment!

Samantha said...

Jeanne! You're card is amazing! I love the silver star accent! I also really like the kraft on the textured card base.