Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Whittle Witch Halloween

Do you love die cuts? I hope you've checked out Poppystamps! They're from the maker of Memory Box and Birch Press Design!

They also have a monthly challenge that you can play along with by linking to your blog, Instagram or on line gallery. There's a $20 gift card awarded to a random player every month! I love that I get to see what other people are playing with or what holiday is on their mind.
This month the challenge is "clean and simple" and I've got Halloween on my mind so I merged the two together into this cute and spooky card.
I started by arranging the different elements on a piece of clear plastic the size of my card base. This helps me figure out what to put where and also to figure out the background for my design. I can easily pick up the entire arrangement and layer it over different colors until I find just the right one!
I started with the Whittle Tree Border cut in black with circle die cut foliage in green, and shades of purple.
I added some spooky ghosts and a little witch to create a scene. Lots of gems from Memory Box add bubbles to a cauldron and a bit of sparkle to the trees.
Halloween needs a touch of magic doesn't it? I added stripes to the witch leggings and blush to her cheeks with a marker.
I hope you find some time to play along! I'd sure love to see what you're up to. You can always find the latest challenge by clicking on the badge in the top right corner of the Poppystamps blog here.




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Dies | Poppystamps Whittle Tree Border, Whittle Creatures, Whittle Witch

Links will take you to the stores for purchase
POPPY = Poppystamps
SSS = Simon Says Stamp

Whittle Tree Border
Whittle Tree Border

POPPY | SSS
Whittle Creatures
Whittle Creatures

POPPY | SSS
Whittle Witch
Whittle Witch

POPPY

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

There is a whole lot of cute happening here!

ionabunny said...

This is faboolous. Love the whittles. Might need to get me some whittle trees. They look awesome with the different colour circles. Hugz