Thursday, September 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Sweet 16!

My son is attending one of those "over the top" Sweet 16 parties this weekend.  He's been going to rehearsals to learn how to Waltz, and will be wearing a vest and bow tie with his suit selected by the birthday girl.  So of course I wanted to make an "over the top" birthday card for the young lady.  The Waltzingmouse "You're Lovely" set seemed like the logical choice!  I revisited an older card I made in grey, teal and yellow and remade it in different shades of pink - to match the invitation she sent. 
I stamped the frame in Momento London Fog, and then masked it.  Then I stamped the dress in the window.  Next, I stamped the dress in Stampin' Up! Pink Pirouette on pink patterned paper twice and fussy cut it.  The first cut is glued directly on the tag, and the second is slightly higher on pop dots. Here's the finished card..
I hope she likes it... and here is a flash back to the original ..

Thanks for having a look!
Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  5" x 7"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Vintage Labels 25, Eat Cake, You're Lovely
Dies:  Spellbinders Classic Ovals, Labels 25, Grand Labels 11, Cheery Lynn Oval Doily Stackers One
Paper:  Echo Park Be Mine Collection "Love Letters", Dress Paper is Sweet Damask Pink/White by Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby), Papertrey Ink Stampers Select White, Raspberry Fizz, Stampin Up Pink Pirouette
Ink:  Momento London Fog, Versafine Onyx Black, Stampin Up! Pink Pirouette
Seam Binding  Hug Snug Summer Rose
1 1/2" Light Pink Pleated Satin (Hobby Lobby- Decorative Trim)  3/8" Pink Satin by Craft Smart (Michael's)
Twine:  My Mind's Eye (Thanks Cathy!)

16 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

OMG...thank you! hahahaha...16, I wish! :) So behind on commenting but I had to stop in and say hi and WOW...I'm off to enjoy your blog some more. :)
hugs,
Lisa xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the new 'over the top' card and the original. My son has been to a few of those OTT birthdays--oh boy. What a fantastic job you did, she'll be blown away.

Joyce said...

What a beautiful card you made. I'm sure the birthday girl will just adore it. Your son will be invited to every gathering in town, if the girls think he will be bringing such a beautiful card to them, too.

Peanut said...

Oh my! What a jaw-dropping beauty you've created this time, Jeanne. Ravishing and elegant! Don't be surprised when your son is invited to every party in town.

The Paper Parade said...

Both the original and the new one are absolutely gorgeous! I love that the dress has a design, and that huge bow is just fabulous! Love that the bow also has twine and flowers, too :)

Kara said...

Waltz?!? Beautiful card! I'm sure she'll love it:)

Marybeth said...

Are you kidding! She is going to LOVE this card! I bet she keeps it for ever. This is truly a work of art Jeanne.
I hope he enjoys himself. I am happy for you that you get to enjoy these moments and times. I know sometimes getting ready for them can be stressful.
Enjoy! Again gorgeous card .

Helen Berry said...

Oh my Jeanne - this is STUNNING!!! Wow, who wouldn't LOVE this card! Gorgeous damask dress - yum!! And just look at that beautiful bow and flowers ;))

Ros Crawford said...

This is simply stunning ... beautiful dress and so beautifully done

Lisa Minckler said...

this is just so pretty...had to stalk you again!
Good luck with all your projects, I know they'll be sensational!!! :)

Anne-Elise said...

Wow!! Jeanne, your card is gorgeous! I'm sure she'll love it! Just stunning!

Cathy Weber said...

This is beautiful...love that gorgeous dress popped up, the way you layered it, the folds in the bottom of the dress look so real! Love the damask pattern of the dress and this is one birthday card she is sure to remember!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh my goodness! This is absolutely beautiful and I'm sure the young lady will love it! Perfect for a 16th birthday!

I like seeing the two cards together too - I think my favourite is the teal - but then I'm not a pink girl!!

Kim Heggins said...

So stunning...it looks so beautiful in both colors.

Renee said...

Over the top gorgeous!!
Perfect for a "girly-girl" who is turning Sweet 16! :)
I have to confess though...
this is when living in a small town is very convenient...
those kind of parties are very rare around here! :)

Christina said...

Sounds like quite an event! Your gorgeous card is absolutely perfect for a young lady turning 16. That intricate oval doily is so pretty!