Sunday, September 2, 2012

Welcome September!

 
I can't believe it's September already!  The kids are settled in school and Fall is in the air!  The pumpkins in the garden are turning orange, and my pear trees are loaded!  I really love this time of year - the days are sunny and warm and the evenings are cool enough to shut the air conditioning off!
I've been working my way through these pretty month stamps from Serendipity.  They are really beautiful and detailed with images for each month, and much too pretty to bring out just for a calendar project.   I wanted to play up the "back to school" theme of the stamp so I used a library book background, ruler ribbon, and tucked in a little notebook paper.  This would be beautiful to include with a gift for teacher, a back to school note for a child at college or maybe a September birthday!  I colored the image with Copics, fussy cut it and then mounted it on a distressed die from Couture Creations. 
Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day!
 
Jeanne
 
Supplies used:  Finished Size 4.5"  x  6.25"
Stamps:  Serendipity Large Oval Month
Paper:  Basic Grey Oxford Collection "Study Hall", Basics Collection "Blue Line"
Hug Snug Seam Binding Bright Red, Antique Gold
Ruller RIbbon from  RIbon Trends Hobby Lobby
Border Punch EK Success Binding Edge
Gems Paper Studio Hobb Lobby
Die:  Couture Creations Fleur De Frame
Copics, Momento Tuxedo Blac, Ranger DIstress Antique Linen

10 comments:

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Jeanne, I love that decorative fancy frame, and the beautifully coloured label!

Marybeth said...

Love the frame and paper you used .This months theme is perfect. Another gorgeous card to add to your collection. I wish fall was in the air here. All that is in the air here now, is smoke from a nearby fire. I cannot wait for cool nights.

Suzanne said...

Beautiful! I can't get over the bow! It must take you so long, Jeanne!

Cathy Weber said...

I love that book background paper...you always find the absolute perfect papers and embellishments that totally compliment your stamps. I agree with Suzanne...the bow is beautiful and so detailed with the ruler ribbon. I look forward to these cards every month!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow, what a stunning card! So beautiful and that paper with the books, perfect!! But I do agree with Suzanne and Cathy, that bow is fabulous. Just love this card...

Unknown said...

You've created the quintessential back to school card Jeanne! I love the bold primary colors you used in your coloring, the fab image itself and perfect companion-the ruler ribbon.
Hugs,
Lisa

Joyce said...

What a beautiful card. I love that you have books in the background and foreground as well.

Sharron said...

Perfect back to school card--love all the books in the background paper as well as in your wonderfully colored image! And the ribbon treatment is stunning! Wish we had some of your cool weather. It was 104 here today!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous! Can't believe that is not a Cheery Lynn die...so it must be dies in general, huh!!!!

Lisa Minckler said...

This is droolable! Man o' man do I love your cards!!!!!!!!!!!!