Saturday, September 15, 2012

Case Study Challenge #108 - For the Birds

Ok very unusual for me - I actually have 3 posts today.  I have been feeling so productive lately - gotta take advantage of that MOJO when you have it right?  So if you are looking for The Paper Sweeties Day 2 September Release, or Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge please scroll down.  Thank you!!

I was excited to see that I made Top 3 over at CASE last week.  I was playing along with The September muse / guest designer Torico!!  I am always learning something over at Case Study Challenge and I am always trying something new.   This time it was the big window frame - something I think I've only done once before (probably at CASE).  You know I'm a frilly girl and this month, honestly I think Torico is giving me lessons on C&S.  Her style is very clean and graphic something that has alluded me. 
I turned her monkeys into love birds to layer over that big heart, and embossed the white top layer with a simple design.  Instead of the colorful ribbon - I used red to pick up on the red in the patterned paper.  You can take this design any direction you like, you can go bananas, fall in love with the heart, make a rainbow - just grab anything that jumps at you from this cute design.  To make things even sweeter CASE is featuring two guest designers- Anja Curvers and Vickie Zimmer.  Plenty of inspiration here so hop on over and PLAY!!

Hugs
Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  5" x 7"
Stamps:  WPlus9 Fresh Picked
Dies:  WPlus9   Folk Art Floral Dies,  Spellbinder Classic Hearts
Embossing Plate:  Sizzix Texturz Lattice
Paper:  Basic Grey Picadilly 6x6 Pad, PTI Stampers Select White
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Ribbon:  Pure Poppy Stitched Grosgrain PTI
Extras:  Faux Brads

12 comments:

Anne-Elise said...

Oh, Jeanne! This card is so sweet and cute! Love the pretty birds with the little hearts! Lovely!

Lucille K said...

Just adorable, nicely done :)

Cathy Weber said...

I love that big window with the cute birds...very pretty with one of my favorite sentiments from WPlus 9. Love this one, the embossed background is subtle but adds so much to your card Jeanne.

The Paper Parade said...

Awww, love those two little love birds :) That patterned paper is pretty cute behind the heart cutout, and the embossing is the perfect touch!

Joyce said...

Jeanne the genius--that's what I'll call you. Love love love your take on the inspiration card. Those birds and the heart are just perfect.

Sharron said...

LOVE your version--the birds are so sweet! I just got my order with these dies and can't wait to use them. The patterned paper and embossing looks so wonderful and I adore that sentiment! A beautiful card!!

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful take on Torico's card! Love the birds, patterned paper, and embossing!

Lisa Minckler said...

Love, love, love, love, LOVE this!!!!! I think that about says it all. ;)

anja curvers said...

Love those birds and the embossing. Great card.

Aimes said...

So very 'tweet'!
Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week! :)
Hugs!
x

Debby said...

Sweet birds! Love the symmetry. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Helen Berry said...

I love your version so much Jeanne - oh those little birds are too cute!! I really like the colours and the elegant embossing you added to the white - perfect x x