Wednesday, July 3, 2019

SPDMIX57 Blue Wave

Do you love to play challenges? I know I do! It's a great way to see what other people are making with. I love to see the many different ways the challenge is interpreted and hey! Who knows you might just win the prize that's up for grabs!

Here's this month's Mix It Up Challenge at Sugar Pea Designs! Look at that great big blue wave. It gets me thinking of tropical vacations and surfing! Not loving the photo inspiration? That's ok.. you can work with the sketch or just the color challenge. If you're feeling clever you can mix them all together like I did this time!
I started with the Stacked Star with a Sentiment Strip across it just like the photo. 
I stamped Watercolor Brush Strokes in ombre blue for a background for the star. I used a stamping tool so they are all lined up perfectly. I tried to get the colors to match the swatches on the challenge board, and the strokes remind me of waves.
The star looked a little lonely out there so I added a Zig Zag Circle underneath as well as some gold twine and and a scatter of gold glitter stars. 
Now it's your turn to play! Need a little more inspiration? Head on over to the Sugar Pea Designs blog where you'll find samples from the rest of the team and all the directions on how to link up your own design.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Sugar Pea Designs Watercolor Brush StrokesEveryday Sentiments
Dies | Sugar Pea Designs Sentiment Strips,  Zig Zag Stitched CirclesStacked Stars

Zig Zag Stitched Circles
Zig Zag Stitched Circles

SPD | SSS
Watercolor Brush Strokes
Watercolor Brush Strokes

SPD | SSS
Stacked Stars
Stacked Stars

SPD | SSS
Everyday Sentiments
Everyday Sentiments

SPD | SSS
Sentiment Strips
Sentiment Strips

SPD

2 comments:

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous and refreshing. Hugz

Cindy Beach said...

AAACCCK! Absolutely adorable! Even with a simpler style you manage to add some pizzazz. Love it!