Thursday, July 4, 2019

Ice Cream Truck RUSH!

You know summer is officially in full swing when you hear the melodies of the ice cream truck going down the street. It conjurs memories of begging my parents for their spare change and hoping I could reach the truck before it was gone. Did I have enough money? What colorful treat could I purchase? A popsicle, push up or maybe a bomb pop in red white and blue! YUM!
I was inspired by the nursery rhyme melodies coming from the ice cream truck in my neighborhood. The tinkling sounds had me singing along and remembering my youthful summers and the simple pleasures of childhood. I created a scene of the ice cream truck made with the Ice Cream Social stamp set with coordinating dies. 
I started with a distress ink background for the truck and cute critters colored with Copic Markers. This little guy is smiling big - he got his favorite treat! 
I used the Over The Rainbow Confetti Cuts die to add a sunny sky because it's a beautiful summer day! To make the bear on top of the truck look more feminine I added a bow from Furever Friends on top of her head 

I hope you find inspiration in the simple things that make this a wonderful world we live in!


Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Ice Cream Social, Furever Friends
Dies | Reverse Confetti Ice Cream Social, Furever Friends, Over The Rainbow


Ice Cream Social
Ice Cream Social

RC
Ice Cream Social CC
Ice Cream Social CC

RC
Furever Friends
Furever Friends

RC
Furever Friends CC
Furever Friends CC

RC
Over The Rainbow
Over The Rainbow

RC