Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Sugar Pea Designs Mix It Up Challenge - Argyle for Him

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I'm posting today to remind you to play along with the Sugar Pea Designs monthly challenge. The challenge is called "Mix It Up" because you can play with the photo inspiration OR the sketch. If you're feeling clever you can mix them together.
I find myself drawn to the photos first. I spy pretty skeins of yarn on a white lined textured background. This got me thinking of warm, textured knits. Then I took a peek at the sketch.. very clean and simple. 
I decided on the Harlequin Cover Plate that reminded me of Argyle. I cut it from white card stock and then cut diamonds from the different colors of card stock I selected to match the skeins.
I added two Stitched Flags die cuts.. but felt like I needed to add a little more. 
I added Layered Treat Label die cut in the yarn skein colors and stamped a simple sentiment on one of the flags from Classroom Cupids.
I love the clean smooth look and feel of the inlay diamonds. I added a few gold glitter enamel dots because I just have to have a little bit of bling.
I'm really happy with this great masculine card. It wasn't what I originally set out to make - it was a nice surprise. I can't wait to see what you come up with for this challenge. 



If you want to play along you can always find the most current challenge by clicking on the challenge badge in the right hand column on the Sugar Pea Designs Blog

Happy crafting! And have a great day! 



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Sugar Pea Designs Classroom Cupids
Dies | Sugar Pea Designs Zig Zag Stitched Circles, Stitched Flags, Harlequin Cover Plate, Layer Treat Label



Zig Zag Stitched Circles
Zig Zag Stitched Circles

SPD | SSS
Stitched Flags
Stitched Flags

SPD | SSS
Harlequin Cover Plate
Harlequin Cover Plate

SPD | SSS
Classroom Cupids
Classroom Cupids

SPD | SSS
Layer Treat Label
Layer Treat Label

SPD

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific masculine card Jeanne!