Saturday, January 6, 2024

My Creative Scrapbook January 2024 Main Kit


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you're having a great day! If you're looking for a great way to treat yourself I hope you consider trying a subscription to one of the My Creative Scrapbook monthly kits. They select the pattern paper and lots of coordinating supplies and deliver it straight to your front door so all you have to focus on is MAKING! Every month they have several kits to choose from.. their Main Kit, LE - Limited Edition, Creative Kit and Album Kit - so you can choose what's right for you!

This month is absolutely eye candy for me! You'll receive 12" papers, Sticker Sheet, and Die Cuts from Vicki Boutin's "Discover & Create" Collection. You'll also receive a set of stamps and some alphabet stickers so you can personalize your creations.

I really love Vicki Boutin's style because she embraces nature with color. The images are always beautiful and there is an "edgy" element to her designs. I love the pop of graph paper and newsprint mixed in this time.

The colors are primarily orange and blue with pops of yellow, purple and olive. You'll find lots of florals, art supplies (think scissors, paint brushes, color wheels etc.) and beautiful butterflies! There's also a mix items you might find on your desk like a typewriter, coffee cup, and pencils. This collection is about discovering the beauty in the everyday ordinary of daily life.

It was easy to add lots of layers to these beautiful cards. I used larger elements like die cut clipboards, envelopes and frames to add focal points for my designs.
Next I tried to "pair" different elements that might work together well - like a pencil with the typewriter, or some florals with the coffee cup. Many of the elements are proportioned to work well together to compliment each other.
I mixed paper patterns to create "table covers" and "wallpaper" to "ground" elements and to create table scenes.

Everything you see on these cards is included in the kit. The only items I added are the following: card bases, solid paper for matts, adhesives, washi and enamel dots.
I invite you to join one of their monthly kit clubs and experience the possibilities that their coordinated kits offer. With plenty of innovative materials and ideas to jump start your imagination, preserving your memories and making cards will be effortless and enjoyable. You can see all of the different kits available this month here at My Creative Scrapbook.


All cards finished size: 4.25 x 5.5"
My Creative Scrapbook January 2024 Main Kit
Includes: Vicki Boutin Discover & Create 12" Papers, Sticker Sheet, Die Cuts

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely cards, Jeanne!