Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Big Birthday Cupcake

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I hope you're having a great day! Today I'm playing along at Cupcake Inspirations Card Challenge.


I saw this gray, yellow and white combo and thought I'd challenge myself. I don't usually play along with color challenges, and that gray is out of my comfort zone.
I love this new Big Valentine Cupcake die! I think this one is a must have for your stash! By changing the colors and embellishments you can personalize it for just about any occasion.
I added a few flowers in white and yellow from Spring Flowers just like the inspiration photo. The "saucer" is a Scalloped Oval die.
The background is Layered Heart Lattice that I inked in Mustard Seed Distress Ink on a soft yellow paper.
I hope you find some time to make today. It's a great way to relieve some stress.


Finished Size: 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Pretty Pink Posh Simple Sentiments
Dies | Pretty Pink Posh Big Valentine Cupcake, Spring Foliage, Sentiment Strips. Scallop Ovals Die
Stencil | Pretty Pink Posh | Layered Heart Lattice
Jewels | Pretty Pink Posh Metallic Silver Jewels

PPP = Pretty Pink Posh
SSS = Simon Says Stamp
SCB = Scrapbook Dot Com

Links below will take you to the store sites to view or purchase.


 
Big Valentine Cupcake
Big Valentine Cupcake

PPP | SSS | SCB
Spring Foliage
Spring Foliage

PPP | SSS
Simple Sentiments
Simple Sentiments

PPP | SSS
Sentiment Strips
Sentiment Strips

PPP | SSS
Scallop Ovals Dies
Scallop Ovals Dies

PPP
Layered Heart Lattice
Layered Heart Lattice

PPP | SSS | SCB
Metallic Silver Jewels
Metallic Silver Jewels

PPP | SSS

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific use of the colors, this is cute!

~amy~ said...

Jeanne, this is so pretty and inspiring!

Nora Noll said...

I will not buy this die, I will not buy this die-but I so want it. I LOVE how you used the colors from the challenge on this card. The lovely flower additions are fabulous!!! GREAT design! Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

ionabunny said...

Unusual but very striking result. Grey is so underrated. Hugz

Helen said...

Fabulous, fun card - I never thought about this colour combination before this challenge but I think it works so well!

Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Sasha said...

This is gorgeous! These colours work perfectly for this - and I loveee that die-cut! Amazing card! Thank you for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations. Have a great day!

Sasha DT Member/CIC