Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Poppystamps Challenge - Make it Magical

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I hope you're having a great day. Maybe you're looking for ideas to get a jump start? I hope you'll check out the Poppystamps Monthly Challenge! It's a great way to see the world of craft dies through the eyes of the design team and players. And who knows? You might just be the lucky winner of the prize - a $20 gift card to the Poppystamps store!
This month they're looking for the beautiful and unexpected that goes beyond what you'd see in ordinary life. You can make that fantasy - think rainbows and unicorns or perhaps a Halloween fright like my card today.
I used lots of different dies to create a scene. I arranged the die cuts on a piece of plastic the size of my card base and found myself layering on more and more. I think it's the little details that bring a scene to life.
Sometimes you just can't find what you want. The pretty Garden Lantern was just asking for a candle inside. I could have cut one by hand but it would never look as clean and crisp as a craft die.. so I did a little digging. I came up with the Whittle Fireplace set. I used the fire's flame for my candle flame, and the ledge of the mantle for the candle itself. A Brilliant Ring adds a glow around the candle's flame.
I was so glad I found the fireplace because as soon as I saw the little mice I had to add them among the Whittle Oak Leaves and Mushrooms & Toadstools.
Some Birch Trees are added to the Distress Oxide inked background and a Scary Ghosts appears from the dark woods. I added a simple "Boooo!" sentiment with the Poetic Uppercase Alphabet and a scatter of Fairy Drops and Gems for some sparkle.
Our parent company, Memory Box has added alot of sweet things to their line up including Glitter Glue, Gems, Dew Drops, Embossing Folders and more!

I hope you find some time to play along - I'd sure love to see what you make!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Dies | Poppystamps Whittle Oak Leaf, Garden Lantern, Brilliant Rings, Whittle Fireplace, Birch Tree, Mushrooms & Toadstools, Scary Ghost, Poetic Uppercase
Jewels | Memory Box Winter Fantasy Gems, Fairy Drops

Poppy = Poppystamps
SSS = Simon Says Stamp

Whittle Oak Leaf
Whittle Oak Leaf

POPPY
Garden Lantern
Garden Lantern

POPPY | SSS
Brilliant Rings
Brilliant Rings

POPPY | SSS
Whittle Fireplace
Whittle Fireplace

POPPY | SSS
Birch Tree
Birch Tree

POPPY
Mushrooms & Toadstools
Mushrooms & Toadstools

POPPY | SSS
Scary Ghost
Scary Ghost

POPPY | SSS
Poetic Upper Case
Poetic Upper Case

POPPY | SSS
Winter Fantasy Gems
Winter Fantasy Gems

SSS
Fairy Drops
Fairy Drops

SSS

3 comments:

Gail said...

I so love the whittles - lovely layout for this card! Like the light!

Lisa Elton said...

Just spooky enough! This is terrific!

My Paper Epiphany said...

A very colourful spooky card:) Love it!
ps: I won the prize last month and have emailed twice, but haven't heard back.