Wednesday, October 19, 2016

CAS-ual Fridays October Release "Powerful Words"

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and CAS-ual Fridays owner and creator Michelle is a survivor... so it's no surprise to see this new set called "Powerful Words" released this month.  I think this set would be wonderful inspiration for anyone, for ANY ime of year, but it's even more powerful when you think of where this set came from. 

The fonts in this set are the same as the other two sets released this month -  a brush stroke style that looks hand painted.  There are lots of different ways you can arrange the sentiments in this set.  You can keep it simple with a short phrase or write a long one like I did today.

I started with a background of paint brush strokes from the Breathe stamp set to create a colorful background for the word dies.  I thought they would coordinate great with the paintbrush look font. I used my Misti stamping tool to get the stripes lined up perfectly.

A simple stitched border from Pretty Pink Posh added a finished clean look to this design.

I wanted to stamp this same sentiment using colored ink instead of a colored background.  I used shades of yellow/orange and hot pink.  
I added some bright card stock and sequins in matching colors to frame the inspirational sentiment.  I think it highlights the ink colors and keeps them the center of attention.

Want to see more projects made with the new CAS-ual Fridays "Powerful Words" set? Here's links to the rest of the team sharing projects today! You might see some new faces today too as we've added some new members!


Want to go shopping? If you see something you like I hope you will use my special discount code. Any commission that would normally go to me for your purchase has been redirected to CASual Fridays to use toward Breast Cancer Awareness and Research. I accept no commission for the use of products on my blog and only use and endorse products that I love and would recommend. Here's a link to the CASual Fridays Stamps Store.





Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | CAS-ual Fridays Powerful Words, Breathe
Dies | Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders One, Stitched Borders 3
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh

2 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

So pretty and so inspiring too Miss Jeanne!

Carmela said...

Beautiful cards. Love the great colors and that brushstroke is wonderful.