Thursday, July 17, 2014

CSC#200 - Take Note!

Thanks for stopping by!  It's Thursday - and to me that means a new challenge at CASE Study!  I've been playing at CASE for almost three years now and it's still one of my favorite places to play.  I love that Chupa finds a new muse every month.  It inspires me to look at cardmaking in a whole different way.  I've really been loving the inspiration from  Shari Carroll.  Here's her project we're casing this week.  All you need to do is study the design, focus on the elements you love and then make it your own.    So what do you see?  Maybe it's the color scheme, or the clean layout?  Don't you love the pop of red from the heart?  I  got stuck on the repeating pattern of circles.

I switched out the circles for arrows.  First I stamped the arrows / chevrons on white card stock, and then embossed it.   I added a die cut arrow and sentiment in black to draw your eye and then finished it up with a sprinkle of sequins and enamel dots.

 
 Now it's your turn!  Or maybe you need a little more inspiration?  Check out what the CASE Study DT made.  And  - we have two guesties this month! Amy Tsuruta and Tenia Nelson!!

Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Tasnim Ahmed
Silke Ledlow
Jill Foster
Gayatri Murali
Anja Curvers
Anna Kossakovskaya
Julia Stainton
Michelle Williams
Annika Lerche

Thanks for stopping by! I hope I see you linked up at CASE Study Challenge.



Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Reverse Confetti Arrows & Elements
Card Stock:  PTI White, True Black, Raspberry Fizz

Dies: Reverse Confetti Arrow
Enamel Dots:  Melted Perler Beads
Sequins
Ink:  Memento Tangelo Dandelion, Rosebud, Cantaloupe, Versafine Onyx Black
Embossing Folder:  Tim Holtz Alterations Blue Prints

11 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

Wow. Love all the graphic arrows mixed with colors I know you love Jeanne...great take on the inspiraiton card...love all those sequins and enamel dots.

~amy~ said...

Super fun take with the arrows! I used Reverse confetti too:)

Kara said...

love the 'hot' colors!!

Tracey McNeely said...

LOVE this Jeanne, I have that set and have not sat down a really played with it. Thanks for the inspire! ;)

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this one Jeanne!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Everything about this card is just AWESOME, Jeanne! Love the embossed background, the bright colors and the pops of black, so striking!!

Wida said...

saw this card on Facebook and came over to say I LOVE IT!! so cool and edgy!

Sharron said...

Very striking card, Jeanne! Love the brightly colored arrows and the contrast of black.

Kim Heggins said...

This is just fabulous! I love the bright, vivid colors and those fun arrows...too cute.

Lindsey said...

This is awesome! I'm amazed at how inspiration struck...I can see how her card stemmed your design, but you also made it so very unique and different. Love it.