Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Case Study Challenge #58 September 22, 2011 - Life is Beautiful

 
I hope everyone is having a great day.  I' m having some dental work done, so as normal I am nervous.  Instead of tossing and turning waiting for the alarm clock to go off I thought I'd just get up and get my mind wrapped around something fun instead of prolonging the inevitable.  I've been wanting to try some new sketch challenges so when I'm checking out what you've been making I've been scribbling down challenge addresses.  I just found Case Study and recognized some names I'm familiar with at Waltzingmouse Stamps and thought I would give this one a try.  Here is the muse/inspiration......

I decided to do this one just the opposite of how it is shown in the design, so where there is neutral I put color, and where there is color I put a neutral.  My inspiration from the design was not so much the colors, but the card layout design.  I thought the butterflies were gorgeous, and I did sneak some in, but again, I did the opposite - I placed them in the background instead of the foreground.

This card is a departure from my usual style, I am still learning how to use my slowly growing Copic collection, but I am pleased with the result.  I added a little bling - pearls in the tiny flower centers, and a few glitter flourishes.  That bright pink bow really steals the show though.
I hope you like my card.  I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you have a great day!  This challenge ends tonight - there is a new challenge every Thursday. 

Supplies Used:  Finished card size is 6" x 6"
Stamps:  Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper:  My Minds Eye Vanity Fair Collection
Die Cuts:  Spellbinders Petite Ovals, Ornate Artisan Tags and Accents
Border Punch:  Fiskars
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black, Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Antique Linen
Markers:  Copic R00, R20, C1, B00, RV11, C1, G21, V01, YG03, Y19
Bow Flower:  Offray 

8 comments:

Marevka said...

Очень красивые открытки!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Jeanne! That fancy flourish and pink satin flower look beautiful!

Cindy Beach said...

Stunning card, Jeanne! I love your delicate coloring of the floral spray and the generous use of elegant pearls!

Cathy Weber said...

This is so beautiful, the flourishes are such an elegant touch. Your coloring is really striking especially with the rhinestones. I also really like that ornate little piece in the corner. Great job.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my goodness, this card is really stunning!

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous! Love the combination of elements...the fabric flower, stick pins and beautiful flourish! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

78thistles said...

Congratulations on your win today! Lovely card.

anya said...

Congratulations, Jeanne! I was so happy to see your name at the CASE Study blog. This card is gorgeous!