Friday, September 9, 2011

OWH Mid Week Throwdown Challenge - Autumn


Operation Write HomeThis week's  OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge  is Autumn.  If you saw my OWH Thanksgiving card you will notice that I'm stuck on turquoise and copper for fall.  Maybe that's because while I am walking the dog I'm looking up and seeing the leaves changing color against that beautiful blue sky!  Or maybe just because I think its a striking color combination!  Whatever works right?
I used a few products that I've had on hand that I finally got to put to good use!  I bought the stamp set about a month ago - it's on sale at Just Rite for $5.  I bought the Spellbinders Labels 21 I don't remember when.  I thought they were a neat shape, but hadn't come up with any clever way to put them to use.  Don't you hate when you buy something and it goes unused?  Glad I don't have to say that about these two any more!

I wrapped some twine around the card base to anchor the tags so they look tied down.  I thought the button looked cute but didn't want to put string through it - I thought it would take away from the sentiment - so I stuck some tiny little gems in the button holes.  OK so it was just another excuse to put a little glam on my card!!  I also used metallic paper for the leaf, button and blue tag.  Hope you like it!

PS Thanks to everyone who left me a sweet comment on my "Princess" - Anything But Glitter card.  Since I got a good response I am in the process of making 20 more (as promised).   I'm working assembly style - cutting each element one at a time.  Thanks alot of cranking through the old die cut machine, but it's worth it!

Supplies used:
Stamp:  Just Rite "Give Thanks Nested Frames & Occasions"
Patterned Paper:  Me & My Big Ideas
Die Cuts:  Spellbinders Labels 21, Assorted Leaves, Timeless Heritage, and sentiment die from Spellbinders for Just Rite
Twine:  Martha Stewart
Ink:  Momento Rich Cocoa, Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Antique Linen

5 comments:

Kristi said...

so pretty...I love the pop of blue! i am starting to go crazy for Spellbinders dies..they add so much to a project! Have a great weekend!

Deborah Frings said...

This is fabulous - love the backing paper and the die cut leaf! Sweet sentiment - sort of makes me appreciate autumn!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous card and I think you are so right about the color combination, wow! Thanks for playing in our midweek throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home!

Cheryl said...

Oh, wow, Jeanne! This card is so beautiful! I've never thought of turquoise as a fall color, but now I'm wondering why not? It's perfect with the warmer fall colors. I peeked quickly at some of your other creations...fabulous! You just got another follower! :) Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. It looks like we both started our blogs about the same time. Isn't it fun! ~Hugs, Cheryl

Mona Pendleton said...

What a beautiful fall card Jeanne! Love that beautiful embossed leaf! I miss the gorgeous foliage in the Northeast ~ thanks for the sweet memory :)