Saturday, April 17, 2021

Poppystamps Leafy Vines Slim Plate

Do you love slimline style cards? They're the "long drink of water" in the crafty world! I like them because they're a little something extraordinary. If you're a big fan too you'll want to check out the new Leafy Vines Slim Plate.
If you've visited me before you know I'm all about the color. I couldn't resist trying this die in a different way. I decided to do a rainbow inlay of all the pretty die cut pieces. Yes.. this takes some time, and it's like piecing together a puzzle.. but OOOOOOOhhh when you're done.... the smooth flat colorful inlay is total eye candy!
I started by cutting the Leafy Vines Slip Plate from white card stock. Next I cut a sheet of double sided tape and adhered it to the back of the panel. Next I die cut each of the pieces in different colors of card stock. This is a great way to use up some of your scraps. I have all my scraps in a 9x13 baking tray sorted by color and always have them close at hand for small cuts.
The sticky two sided tape makes it easy to place the pieces and keep them in place. When the panel was completed I simply peeled off the back side of the adhesive and adhered the panel to my card base.

Another way to achieve this look would be to cut the die from white card stock just once and then ink each of the pieces before layering them in place.
 
A simple sentiment seemed like a good solution for this card since I didn't want to cover any of the beautiful inlay. The Luscious Script Thanks with a gold glitter background was the prefect fit!




Finished Size 8.75 x 3 7/8
Dies | Poppystamps Leafy Vines Slim Plate, Luscious Script Thanks

Poppy = Poppystamps
SSS = Simon Says Stamp



Leafy Vines Slim Plate
Leafy Vines Slim Plate

POPPY | SSS
Luscious Script Thanks
Luscious Script Thanks

POPPY | SSS

No comments: