Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Sharing a smile!


Hi friends! I hope you're doing well! It's only Tuesday and it's been a long week for me. I made a pitcher of tea the other day.. the pot cracked and hot steaming water everywhere.. even in the dishwasher latch where it shorted out the board inside.. yesterday it was the sump pump in the basement! I guess everything is getting older .. just like me! LOL~! My husband jokes that I just want new appliances. Today I'm sharing my little accidents...and trying to make you smile because I'm playing along at Path of Positivity Challenge where the twist this time is to make you laugh or smile.

I'm hoping that you're able to laugh at life's little misfortunes too because there's really not a whole lot we can do about most of them.

I knew I wanted to make with the Cured stamp set and coordinating dies and was in search of the perfect background when my eyes lighted on the Center Circle Panel! I slipped a piece of scrap paper behind the die cut openings to protect the frame from getting inky as I applied the distress oxide ink in the center panel to create the scene background. A cosmetic brush makes your ink blending simple and clean.

I curved the sentiment stamp on an acrylic block to stamp it along the edge of the circle shaped center panel. I inked the little piggies with Copic markers. I adhered some of the images flat to the background while others are adhered with adhesive foam tape to add dimension.

 I hope you're smiling and this fun challenge brings a smile to your face!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Cured
Dies | Reverse Confetti Cured, Center Circle Panel

Cured
Cured

RC
Cured CC
Cured CC

RC
Center Circle Cover
Center Circle Cover

RC | SSS

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh no! Sorry about the appliance issues, seems like when it rains it pours huh. Super cute card though, thanks for the smile!

ScrappyHorses said...

How adorable is this card; it is sure to make someone smile with the bright inky colors and fun sentiment..."cured"! hee hee
So sorry about your week...especially the tea disaster! Happy you weren't hurt in that incident. Oh my, what a week; hope this one brings you lots of smiles! Thanks for sharing over at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my....so sorry to hear about all your troubles, it is never fun watching your appliances break down! Love your sweet card, those piggies are so sweet!