Saturday, April 10, 2021

Fly High!


Butterflies are back!  So nice to see some fluttering butterflies in the yard today.  They're mostly the white ones that I call "cabbage butterflies" but I'll take them!  They're like flower petals in the wind. I hope you're having a great day too and enjoying the warmer weather!   I'm sending you a little sunshine today! I love flowers and butterflies and the Stained Glass Butterfly stamp set has BOTH! Color me happy!

I colored the images with Copic markers and arranged the scene on a piece of clear plastic the same size as my card front. This allows me to figure out where everything will go before I commit and adhere the pieces in place.

 Once I had the pretty florals arranged I had to decide on a background. I didn't want to add pattern paper because I didn't want anything to compete with the images. I decided on a color block background of ripped Reverse Confetti card stock in Lime, Avocado, Baby Blue and Bumblebee on a matt of Navy.

Some of the images are adhered flat to the card base while others are adhered with adhesive foam tape. This adds dimension and brings the scene to life.

I'm linking this card to Cute Card Thursday where this time they're looking for WINGS! I think these pretty butterflies qualify :P I hope you're smiling and feeling inspired to make!




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Stained Glass Butterflies
Dies | Reverse Confetti Stained Glass Butterflies

RC = Reverse Confetti
SSS - Simon Says Stamp



Stained Glass Butterflies
Stained Glass Butterflies

RC | SSS
Stained Glass Butterflies CC
Stained Glass Butterflies CC

RC | SSS
Bumblebee
Bumblebee

RC
Lime
Lime

RC
Avocado
Avocado

RC
Baby Blue
Baby Blue

RC
Navy
Navy

RC

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Fabulous card, Jeanne!