Friday, September 4, 2020

Winter House Pop Up Easel Card

There is nothing better than HOME for the holidays! I love sending one of a kind handmade cards for all occasions. I've always felt that special fold cards were a little complicated and out of my league. With the introduction of EASEL craft dies, Poppystamps makes it easy enough for even me to make!
In fact, the hardest part about making this card was deciding what colors to make it. Since my daughter recently moved into a turn of the century modern colonial I thought she'd get a kick out of this one decked out like her own house with Evergreen painted shutters and entrance.
The card base is made by cutting the largest die twice and assembling the two pieces. Next cut the smaller house shaped die and add a sentiment. Cut another smaller house shaped die cut (the pieces in pink) and decorate it for the cover of your card.
The die set includes snow drifts to hang from the window sills and porch roof. I cut mine from glitter paper. I was so tempted to hand cut little candles to put in the windows!
Here's how the sentiment looks on the inside of the card. I stamped a sentiment from the CHRISTMAS TIME stamp set on a Memory Box Stitched Oval. The fancy font, and pretty stitching on the oval makes this even more beautiful!
The easel card can be displayed like this. I see little tree decorations placed around it on the mantle - comfy cozy.
This card looks fussy with it's colorful layers but was so easy to make! I'm tickled pink that I could make a fussy card like this!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Dies | Poppystamps House Pop Up Easel, Memory Box Stitched Oval Layers
Stamps | Poppystamps Christmas Time

POPPY = Poppystamps
SSS = Simon Says Stamp


Winter House Pop Up Easel
Winter House Pop Up Easel

POPPY | SSS