Monday, August 10, 2020

Sending Smiles!

Hi Friends! I hope you're having a great day! I'm headed off to the dentist in a bit so I'm filling my head with happy thoughts and pretty things before I leave! Honestly.. I really am happy to be going back to the dentist again.. he's someone I've been seriously in need of in these past few months. 
Today I'm playing along at Freshly Made Sketches because you know I just can't resist a sketch challenge. For me it's like following along with a recipe.. just create the layout and embellish it with your favorite images. 
That striped side panel had me immediately thinking of the Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Strips. They come in a set of four so you can cut lots at a time. I have a bag I keep with all the spares for different projects. They also come in stitched and plain. They're great for sentiments too!
I adhered the strips to a piece of scrap paper and then trimmed it into a panel to fit my card face. I added a pretty Scallop Circle in white as the focal point and topped it with pretty Flourishing Fuchsias that I colored with Copic Markers. 
An Everyday Sentiment is stamped directly on the card to keep it CAS and a sprinkle of sequins adds a bit of eye candy!
Sending you smiles to make your day brighter!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Pretty Pink Posh Flourishing Fuchsias, Encouraging Greetings
Dies | Pretty Pink Flourishing Fuchsias, Scallop Circles, Stitched Strips
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh Metallic Gold 6 mm, 4mm

Flourishing Fuchsias
Flourishing Fuchsias

PPP | SSS
Flourishing Fuchsias Die
Flourishing Fuchsias Die

PPP | SSS
Encouraging Greetings
Encouraging Greetings

PPP | SSS
Scallop Circles
Scallop Circles

PPP
Stitched Strips
Stitched Strips

PPP | SSS
Metallic Gold 6mm
Metallic Gold 6mm

PPP
Gold 4mm Sequins
Gold 4mm Sequins

PPP
Crystal Katana
Crystal Katana

PPP | SSS

4 comments:

Karren said...

Beautiful card, Jeanne! So bright and cheerful! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Lisa Elton said...

This is so bright and cheerful! I hope everything went well at the dentist!

Kim S said...

Hey Jeanna! I can't tell you how much I can relate to your feelings toward the dentist. I'm sure these bright and cheerful stripes and the beautifully colored fuchsias helped your outlook! Hope it went well. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Darnell said...

Beautiful, bold, and colorful, Jeanne! You are a tonic of cheerfulness and you even don't mind the dentist!! I hope you and your family are okay after that dreadful storm that went through! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell