Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Pretty Little Studio - Grateful

Thanksgiving is creeping up fast. Every year I try to make it special by preparing a good meal and getting everyone together in one place at one time. I anticipate good conversations and sharing memories. Things don't usually go as planned.. I've never achieved that Norman Rockwell picture I have in my head, but I never stop trying. The Pretty Little Studio Indian Summer Collection is absolutely everything I love about the holidays.. beautiful colors that make my heart happy, and images that are playful and fresh.
A floral gold Timeless frame makes the perfect setting for the fall gourds. I filled the open frame with pattern paper and adhered it in the center of the card. The gourds are attached with adhesive foam tape to add dimension, and the leaves are tucked beneath them. 
I wanted my card to look like a table display so I split the background papers in the center of the card. The bottom half is a plaid print covered with a half doily for my table. The top half is a geometric fox "wallpaper" print. I added a strip of darker paper in the center to define and separate the two lighter prints. 
The frame is a good example of this collection - the gold foil is elegant and traditional, but the frame is casual and hand drawn - whimsical with curlicues and dots. It's a really refreshing take on traditional fall images interpreted in a fun playful way. 
Are you smiling yet? Wishing you and your family many blessings.



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Pretty Little Studio
Paper | Indian Summer Collection
Die Cuts | Timeless Frames | Happy Place 2 | Beautiful Colors | Time Together | Goodbye Summer
Doily | 4" Cambridge
Sequins | Buttered Corn | Lemon Cupcake

1 comment: