Thursday, November 28, 2019

Fusion - Christmas

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you're all having a great day surrounded by the ones you love. I'm so excited because my daughter came for a visit. It's been a long time since she made a trip home and I just couldn't be happier!
A new challenge begins today at Fusion Card Challenge Blog! This one is called "Christmas". The photo inspiration is a rustic lantern filled with a Christmas scene complete with snow! If you don't love the photo, that's ok.. you can work with the photo. If you're feeling really tricky you can FUSE the two together! 
I was inspired by the scene inside the lantern to create my own! I started with the Sugar Pea Designs Lantern Sugar Cut. I cut it from red card stock and then added accents in black and silver to bring it to life. I added some holly from the Christmas Characters die set and layered it on paper from the Countryside Charm pad. 
I stamped a sentiment from Hey Winter! directly on the pattern paper. The center panel of the lantern was inked with distress ink. I stamped Santa from the Christmas Tag Greetings directly on the inked panel. A die cut Mountainscape Cabin border was cut from white card stock, and then cut again with the lantern die to ensure that it would fit exactly inside the lantern window.
I added a little washi and a few sequins to add a little more color to the card. This one turned out so cute! I just love it! 
Now it's your turn! Are you ready to play? I wonder how you will interpret the photo! Maybe you need a little more inspiration? Check out designs from the rest of the team. Just click on their names below to jump to their blogs.

Barb Ghigliotty
Jen Mitchell
Karren Johnson
Linda Callahan
Lyndal Higgins
Michelle Leone
Michelle Lupton
Michelle Williams
Wanda Cullen

I hope I see you at Fusion Card Challenge! I cant wait to see what you make!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | SugarPea Designs Christmas Tag Greetings, Hey Winter
Die | Sugar Pea Designs Lantern, Mountainscape Log Cabin, Christmas Characters
Pattern Paper | Countryside Charm

Lantern
Lantern

SPD | SSS
Mountainscape Log Cabin
Mountainscape Log Cabin

SPD | SSS
Christmas Tag Greetings
Christmas Tag Greetings

SPD | SSS
Hey Winter
Hey Winter

SPD | SSS
Christmas Characters
Christmas Characters

SPD | SSS
Countryside Charm Pattern Paper
Countryside Charm Pattern Paper

SPD

1 comment:

pam said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jeanne, so happy your Daughter is home. for a while.
Have a fabulous time together.
Hugs Pam x