Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Best Day Ever Watercolor Resist

I hope you're having the best day ever! I'm sharing watercolor distress ink card with a smooth die inlay today. I started by stamping and embossing the Tin Roof border on water color paper. I used a stamping tool to get things aligned and to double stamp for good ink coverage on the rough watercolor paper.
Next I used distress ink smeared on a glass plate as a watercolor palette. I used a water brush to pick up the ink and put it where I wanted it on the water color paper. If I have alot to paint I will use the liquid ink refills to color with.

Next I die cut the "Best Day Ever" Fri Die from the watercolor panel. I used a tape runner to adhere the panel to my card base. There are several sticky rows of adhesive behind the watercolor panel so the inside of the letter openings are sticky too.
I cut the sentiment a second time from white card stock and inserted it in the die cut opening. Make sure you save those pieces! I filled in the open white letters with the pieces saved from the die cut from the water color panel.
I embellished the panel with Jumping Jacks Fri Dies. A glossy enamel dot in the center of each adds more shine.

Have a great day!


Want to go shopping? If you see something you like I hope you will use my special discount code. You'll save 15% off your ENTIRE order - sale items included! Any commission that would normally go to me for your purchase has been redirected to CAS-ual Fridays to use toward Breast Cancer Awareness and Research. I accept no commission for the use of products on my blog and only use and endorse products that I love and would recommend. Here's a link to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Store.

Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | CAS-ual Fridays Tin Roof
Dies | CAS-ual Fridays Best Day Ever, Jumping Jacks
Distress Ink | Ranger Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Candied Apple, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade


Tin Roof
Tin Roof

CAS
Best Day Ever
Best Day Ever

CAS
Jumping Jacks
Jumping Jacks

CAS

4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Jeanne this is a stunning watercolour creation and I love the resist pattern.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

BenteS said...

Great card with beautiful colors :))
Thanks for showing how you made it!

Lisa Elton said...

This is warm and beautiful Jeanne!

Andrea Hastilow said...

Fabulous card, love how bright the colours are & how they merge together. Think the chance to raise money for great cause is amazing, I'm off to have a look x