Saturday, November 6, 2021

Countdown to Confetti Day 2 - Retro Holiday


Are you ready for some new Confetti? A new release is officially in the house on November 8th. Until then (November 5-7) we'll be sharing sneak peeks made with the new release. On release day we'll celebrate with a blog hop sharing more projects made with the new release.
Today we're showing a stamp set called "Retro Holiday". This set includes three two step designs, a dotted string to hang your ornaments, and a few twinkle snowflakes.

Since this set is "retro" I wanted to go back to the holiday colors of my childhood - pinks, purples and greens. Our Christmas Tree was white and I promise you it was absolutely magical especially with the little light wheel that would shine a spotlight on it. As the wheel spun it would change the color of the filter in front of it.

I used Distress Oxide Ink in Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet, Kitsch Flamingo and Picked Raspberry. I splattered the panel with water, some white ink and some watered down Picked Raspberry ink.


For My second card I made the funky squares shapes in the set the focus of the design.

The panel is Distress Oxide in Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron.

The sentiment from the set is stamped directly on the panel and the funky squares are adhered with adhesive foam tape.

My retro touch on this one is the torn bottom of the card. It reminds me of vintage ornament boxes and fancy paper ornaments.

I like the blue and green because it's unexpected but still works as a holiday card. Christmas doesn't have to be red and green. Anything that makes you smile is all good!
Want to see more made with this new set? Here's a list of all the designers with projects to share today.

I hope you'll stop by tomorrow when I'll be sharing more peeks made with the new release! 




Finished Size 4.254 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Retro Holiday
Dies | Reveres Confetti Retro Holiday

Click Here to GO SHOPPING! 

14 comments:

~amy~ said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!

sharon g said...

Oh my gosh, the second one really stands out in a great way. The colors are AMAZING. They are 60s and CRAZY! I JUST LOVE IT!!!! I was born in the 60s, and remember these colors on people's clothing. VERY COOL.

CMD said...

Oh My Goodness…L-O-V-E these cards..so bright and cheerful!

Lisakinn said...

Just happy colors!

Alexandra Y said...

Oh my gosh!!! What absolutely stunning cards!!! I adore the bright vibrant backgrounds, they are so fun and cheerful!!!

MadeByMeghanK said...

LOVE the vivid colors and the retro!

Denise Bryant said...

Fun colors and designs! I am loving these retro-style stamps and dies!

Roxy T said...

These are magically playful cards. Great job!

Sue Leven said...

the colors on the ornament cards are stunning

Carmela said...

Great job blending your backgrounds!!

Kelsey Thomas said...

Beautiful cards!

Lisa Elton said...

WOW, Jeanne how cool are these!

Lauryne Cunningham said...

Wow! I love the bright colors! So festive!

Amy C. said...

I love the fun mix of bright colors for the holidays!