Thursday, July 8, 2021

Sending You Sunshine


Hi friends! I hope you're having a great day! If you're looking for a new challenge you'll find another winner at Fusion Card Challenge . You'll love this challenge because there are three ways to play.. you can play along with the sketch, be inspired by the photo, or FUSE them together and play with BOTH!

The inspiration photo this time is called "Blue Decor'" and it features a clean graphic furniture layout with a pop of red.   I spy clean lines and curves and my thoughts turn to silk screen and graphic design classes from my high school days.    I'm normally drawn to the inspiration photo, but this time I just kept coming up blank.  How to turn this into a card design?   Maybe you're not inspired by what you see in the photo.. that's ok!!! You're welcome to play along with the sketch. If you're feeling really clever you can FUSE them together.
So yes!  I turned to the sketch this time.  I turned it on it's side and made this layout.  I tried to add some elements of the photo.. like the shades of blue in the background, and the pop of red in the umbrella.  I still have clean lines and waves. 

My card starts with an ombre blue panel of cardstock topped with the Pretty Petals background panel.  I topped that with a small Scallop Frame with a sentiment from Summer Friends stamped on the die cut inside layer. 
Finally I added the Vacation theme die cut.  A tip if you cut a die with lots of pieces that fit back together.. when you have all the pieces cut, place them back inside the die and then tape them together on their reverse side.   Pop the completed piece out of the die cut and you'll find everything in place.
Now it's your turn!  I can't wait to see how you interpret the inspiration photo OR the sketch.  Maybe you need a little more inspiration? Check out designs from the rest of the team. Just click on their names below to jump to their blogs.



If you LOVE the Vacation Scene die - PLEASE stop by my Instagram account here. I'm giving away TWO - one for you and one for a friend. To enter..

1.) Follow me on Instagram
2.) Tag a friend!

One winner will be selected and both they and the friend they tagged will receive this die.



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Pretty Pink Posh Summer Friends
Dies | Pretty Pink Posh Vacation Scene, Pretty Petals, Scallop Frames
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh Mermaid

Vacation Scene
Vacation Scene

PPP | SSS
Pretty Petals
Pretty Petals

PPP | SSS
Scallop Frames
Scallop Frames

PPP
Summer Friends
Summer Friends

PPP
Mermaid
Mermaid

PPP | SSS
Crystal Katana
Crystal Katana

PPP | SSS

4 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is gorgeous!! I have this die and you make me want to use it!!

Linda Callahan said...

Love your beach scene with the blues and pop of red!

Lisa Elton said...

Cute summer scene! I want to be there!

Wanda Cullen said...

Oh my goodness...this is an incredible summer scene! I love every element you combined in this winner!