Thursday, July 11, 2019

Fusion Card Challenge - Ombre Butterfly

Do you love to play challenges? They're a great way to give your creativity a jump start. I really enjoy seeing the different projects people create inspired by the challenge.
This is the challenge that begins today at Fusion Card Challenge. It's called "Ombre". I'm immediately drawn to the photo inspiration. I love the colorful swoops of paint that make me want to get messy. If you're not loving the inspiration you can always work with just the sketch. Here's what I made!
I inked up Pretty Pink Posh Beautiful Butterflies in ombre shades of orange Copic markers. I stamped the sentiment and framed it with the Scallop Circles die.
Now for the background. I inked a white card stock panel with Spun Sugar, Squeezed Lemonade, and Dried Marigold. I layered the Triangles stencil over the panel and inked with darker shades of distress ink. Worn Lipstick inked over the Spun Sugar, Mustard Seed over the Squeezed Lemonade, and Carved Pumpkin over the Dried Marigold. When I removed the stencil I gave it a splash of water, and then another splash of white ink .
t was fun to arrange the beautiful butterflies around the sentiment. The finishing touch is always a touch of bling. I added jewels in new Flamingo Pink and Marigold.
Are you ready to play? Maybe you need a little more inspiration? Check out designs from the rest of the team. Just click on their names below to jump to their blogs.

Barb Ghigliotty 
Jen Mitchell 
Karren Johnson 
Linda Callahan 
Lyndal Higgins 
Michelle Leone 
Michelle Lupton 
Michelle Williams 
Wanda Cullen 

I hope I see you at Fusion Card Challenge! I cant wait to see what you make!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Pretty Pink Posh Beautiful Butterflies
Dies | Pretty Pink Posh Beautiful Butterflies, Scallop Circles
Stencil | Pretty Pink Posh Triangles
Jewels | Pretty Pink Posh Flamingo Pink, Marigold


Beautiful Butterflies
Beautiful Butterflies

PPP
Beautiful Butterflies Die
Beautiful Butterflies Die

PPP
Scallop Circles
Scallop Circles

PPP
Triangles Stencil
Triangles Stencil

PPP
Flamingo Pink Jewels
Flamingo Pink Jewels

PPP
Marigold Jewels
Marigold Jewels

PPP | SSS
Spun Sugar Distress Ink
Spun Sugar Distress Ink

SCB | DB | SSS
Worn Lipstick
Worn Lipstick

SCB | DB | SSS
Carved Pumpkin
Carved Pumpkin

SCB | DB | SSS
Dried Marigold
Dried Marigold

SCB | DB | SSS
Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink
Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink

SCB | DB | SSS
Mustard Seed Distress Ink
Mustard Seed Distress Ink

SCB | DB | SSS
Memento Tuxedo Black
Memento Tuxedo Black

SCB | SSS
Copic Markers
Copic Markers

DB
Copic Marker Refills
Copic Marker Refills

DB

3 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

A beautiful take on the inspiration photo, Jeanne! I love how you played with the color palette and your design is stunning!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I LIKE this!! The warm sunset colors are just fabulous. Beautiful card!

Wanda Cullen said...

What glorious, happy colors! Love the gorgeous ink blended background...stunning!