Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The Twinery - Ice Cream You Scream!

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! There's nothing like a cone of cold ice cream to satisfy on a hot summer day! I remember my kids always insisting on the brightly colored "Superman" mix. It was vanilla flavored but came in a swirl of bright red, blue and yellow! What's your favorite flavor? There are so many to choose from... Butter pecan, Mint Chocolate Chip, or Rocky Road - it's all good to me! 

My card today is ice cream inspired including every last detail.. the sherbet colors of the paper, sentiment and yummy die cut cone! And the color twine I'm using on my card today? Well Pink Sorbet of course! LOL!! The Twinery has a color for whatever your creation!   The ice cream sentiment and die cut buildable cone are from the Reverse Confetti Love & Ice Cream set!
I think the details are what makes a project extra ordinary. I added glossy accents and a sprinkle of glitter to the scoops of ice cream and even embossed the cone base to add some texture.
I love to use Twinery Twine as a way to "anchor" my design elements. Sometimes it looks like things are "floating" on the page. The wrap of twine grounds the elements and brings the whole look together.
I added a little white accent to the cherry to make it look shiny - just a touch of a white gel pen before adding the little die cut stem.
Have a great day! And go cool off with your favorite scoop!


Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Twinery Pink Sorbet Twine
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Love & Ice Cream
Dies | Reverse Confetti Love & Ice Cream, Layered Banner Duo, Tag Me
Pattern Paper | Authentique Infused 6"
Embossing Folder | Sizzix  Diamond & Tropical Paisley
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh

5 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Love all the pretty layers and that ice cream, nom nom nom :)

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet card Jeanne..love that ice cream.

Marybeth said...

What a yummy card Jeanne! Love the layers and cone!

Sharron said...

So much fun, Jeanne! Love the wonderful layers and your yummy glittery cone!

Jinny Newlin said...

Lovin' the sparkle, girl! This is so fabulously girly! Great job!