Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Card Concept #44 Festive Glory

Another stunning challenge inspiration photo from The Card Concept!  This one is called "Festive Glory" and there are so many elements to choose from the inspiration photo.  Look around...  what do you see?  gingham, stripes, warm colors... did you see the sleigh in the photo over the mantle?   I see snowflakes, poinsettias, candles, and so much more. 

I started with papers in warm colors like those in the photo.  I wanted to create a cabin Christmas feel.  I'm going ot classify this one as Freestyle collage mostly because I added elements that seem unrelated like the button, twine and wood veneer sequins. 

To achieve the two tone look on the tree I inked it with Memento Bamboo ink, and then rolled the edges in Cottage Ivy.  I think it adds a bit of dimension and depth to the stamped image.   The image is from Waltzingmouse Stamps "Rustic Christmas".

I stamped the tree on some ledger print paper.  This keeps the empty spaces at either corner of the top from looking "blank".  A sprinkle of wood veneer sequins also adds a little interest and rustic feel to the design.
 
I love adding twine to my projects - it seems to "anchor" elements so they don't look like they're floating.   I used Twinery Platinum Twine - it has a bit of sparkle to it - perfect for the holidays. 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day~! 











Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamp:  Waltzingmouse Stamps Rustic Christmas
Pattern Paper:  Basic Grey Jovial 12"
Die:  Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders, Stitched Labels
Twinery Twine Platinum Shimmer Twine
Wood Sequins Cloud 9, Button 
1/4" Corner Chomper We R Memory Keepers 

8 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

How pretty and stylish it is Jeanne...you use various elements and blend them perfectly!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Birgit said...

What a sweet, sweet card! That sentiment is awesome and holds such truth!!

Lesley said...

Wow, I LOVE this!!

cm said...

Jeanne, this is a beautiful card, visually and 'spiritually'...that sentiment is sooooo powerful! Your use of twine is intriguing, especially since I'm twine-challenged (tried and quit!). Such harmony with your designs...
hugs~c

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful inspired card Jeanne! that sentiment tree is just so lovely! Wonderful layering of colors and patterns too!

Sharron said...

Wonderful mix of patterns! And the sentiment is so perfect!

laurie said...

I love all the layers! Your design is awesome, and I like how you stamped the tree in two tones. What a great Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Michele K. Henderson said...

I just LOVE this gorgeous tree! There are so many wonderful details!
Take care!
Michele