Wednesday, November 11, 2015

SSCB#49 Happy Holidays - Bell Ornaments

Hi and thanks for stopping by!  A new challenge begins today at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog!   This month we're looking for Holiday Cards. I thought I would do something a little non-traditional this time.   These bells are from the Ornament Pops Stamp Set.   It's available as an outline - so you can color it yourself, or as a solid image set - ready to dip in ink and stamp like I used today. I really love purple and pinks at Christmas.   Those colors always remind me of the advent wreath in church.  It was always a delight to see a new one lit every week counting down to Christmas. 
I stamped the bells in two shades of purple, fussy cut them, and adhered them with adhesive foam tape to add some dimension to my project. 
 This sentiment is the Happy Holidays II and you can find it on sale for $2 here. 


Could you use a little more inspiration?  Check out designs from our team.  We have a special guest this month too!!  I hope you will stop by and say hi to Hazel Hodgkins from Hazel's Paper Designs!

Want to go shopping?   The 50% off Stamp of the Month is Snowman Ice Skating

I hope you'll be able to join us at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog!  










Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Serendipity Stamps Ornament Pops, Happy Holidays II
Dies:  Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders, MFT Fishtail Flags
Pattern Paper:  
Twinery Lilac Twine
Buttons, 
Lavender Seam Binding - Snug Hug
Silver Twine

12 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Jeanne, I LOVE this non traditional holiday color combination, your card is really gorgeous!!!

Mary said...

Jeanne, I love your card. I never would have thought purple, but boy your card caught my eye! Really nice card to get me inspired....thank you! Have a crafty day.....

Sharron said...

Stunning, Jeanne! All the purples look fantastic and your bow is gorgeous!

Kim Heggins said...

Love your beautiful holiday bells...so pretty in those shades of purple.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, this is pretty Jeanne!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Gorgeous card, Jeanne! I love this beautiful purple color! I think it's wonderful at Christmastime! Beautiful inking technique too!
Take care!
Michele

Marybeth said...

Yes, these colors are for sure the color of the candles on the Advent wreath. What a great idea! You fussy cut the bells , right? I am studying the mix of layers as I always do and I still think its a gift you have . Gorgeous card! Hope Roger had a wonderful birthday yesterday. We all played volley ball out front yesterday until the sun went down. Boy.. am I sore today!

Karen Amidon said...

You always amaze me with your designs Jeanne. This card is wonderful! I love all the shades of purple and of course the yummy papers and bow.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Jeanne! Your have such a way w/ papers & I love the colors you used.

Anonymous said...

Hello Jeanne! Thanks once again for the enormous privilege of guesting with you this month! I feel so privileged to have this wonderful opportunity! Those purple bells are so eye-catching! Wow! You are remarkable with layers! So clever!!

cm said...

I thought I'd left a comment, but apparently not! The bonus: a second helping of seeing this gorgeous card that yes, most certainly replicates the Advent wreath candles. The bells, the papers, the layers...swooning!
hugs~c

JD/ Jill said...

How lovely! I would never think to use those colors for a Christmas card! But they work!!! So nicely done!