Thursday, October 1, 2015

Poppystamps Challenge - Trick or Treats

Happy October!  Wow time is sure flying isn't it?  I'm loving the cooler weather and spending more time walking Miss Moriko.  I usually walk for only about 30 minutes, but I swear I walk as fast as I can!!!   I think I'm the only person I know who gains weight in the summer.   It's just too hot for me to get motivated.  I love this time of year!  

A new challenge begins today at Poppystamps - its Trick or Treats.   We're looking for "Treats"  - Halloween projects, gift tags, etc, or "Tricks" projects for any other holiday.   You must include at least one Poppystamps image (stamp or die). There's some candy up for grabs and I think you're going to enjoy seeing lots of creative ways to use your dies.  You can always find the challenge by clicking on the "Challenge" tab across the top of the page.

I wasn't feeling the traditional orange and black, and just stepping outside to see the blood moon gave me this idea - an erie night landscape.  Something about being alone in the dark under a full moon that  is just unsettling for me.   Bumping into a black cat would be just the thing to set me off with a shriek!
The moon is two layered circles, and the treescape is the Forest Hills Landscape die cut in three different colors and layered.  For the headstone I just cut a tag and tore the bottom to give it a rough edge so it looks like its sticking out of the ground.

I hope you will join us at Poppy - you have until midnight on the 29th of October to play!








Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
White Twisted Burlap May Arts

4 comments:

Darnell said...

You makes such incredible tags and tag cards, Jeanne! What an inspiration you are! This is stunning!! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Elton said...

Darnell is right, I couldn't have said it better myself!! This is amazing, love the golden boo!!

Sharron said...

The fabulous forest scene works so great on your tag. Love all the different shades of blue and the gold 'boo'!

cm said...

Your Halloween tag is spook-tacular! The 'scary' trees, black cat and headstone are a 'frighteningly fabulous' combination, while the sparkly boo is just all-around delightful! My tags are getting a work out these days...showcases coming soon!
Hugs~c