Thursday, September 10, 2015

Pretty Little Studio - Happy Harvest

Fall is in the air and all my efforts in the garden are paying off in a bumper crop of tomatoes, peppers, corn and so much more.  Living in Northwest Indiana I have the best of both worlds.  I’m close enough to the city to be able to enjoy wonderful museums and other attractions, and still near enough to the farm to be able to get the best produce.  Autumn is the time for visiting all the local farm stands, visiting the pumpkin patch and apple orchard. 
I'm playing with some goodies from Pretty Little Studio today.  Their products are beautifully coordinated so they are easy to mix and match.  My design has lots of circles today.  The Vintage Tags Fresh Eggs set includes 12 reproductions of antique milk lids.   I paired up a milk and egg tag with the farm boy from the Little Man Vintage Tags Set.  
To make the circle tags stand out more I added a slightly larger card stock matt behind each of the milk lids.  The circle pattern on the Marigold background paper and scatter of buttons pulls the whole design together. 
Vellum adds another layer of color and richness to your design.   A little bit goes a long way.  I trimmed a small panel and slipped it between two neutral color papers to give some definition between the layers and add soft stripes of color.

Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day!!

 








Pretty Little Studio Supplies:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5”
Vintage Tags Fresh Eggs
Vintage Tags Little Man
Marigold Paper & Vellum

Other
Ivory Button Twine May Arts
Buttons October Afternoon
Stamp:  WPlus9 Happy Harvest
Dies:  Spellbinder Standard Circles, Pinking Circles

6 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

How very fun is this Jeanne! I love all the circle elements and your harvest garden sounds wonderful!

Sheri Gilson said...

Love the fabulous vintage design!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love all those cool little milk lids! We have a hard time growing produce in SW Texas, so I got an Aerogarden for my wife… she loves it. Blessings!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a sweet card! I love those vintage tags!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super sweet vintage card and images!

cm said...

Love that you've created a mini market on your card, Jeanne - and your description of local farmers' markets has me longing for some 'country' life! Happy sigh in seeing your vintage delight and in having memories sparked of days spent on my grandparents' farm. Farm fresh carrots and tomatoes...Oh, what I would give to have those by the bundles and the bushels...
Hugs~c