Thursday, February 20, 2014

CASE Study #179 Thanks

Hi Friends!   The great thaw is still in action here.  Lots of melting snow and sun shining.  I've even spotted Robins back in the yard.  Does that mean it's officially Spring now?  Well .. I'm not falling for it.  If I've learned anything living in the Chicago area it's that weather is very unpredictable.  It wouldn't surprise me to find myself in a blizzard by Saturday HAHA!!!

Since it's Thursday there's a new challenge at Case Study.  I'm enjoying the inspiration photos from none other than  Danielle Flanders of Homespun from the Heart!  I love seeing her projects at Papertrey Ink!   She's got a beautiful clean and layered style.   Here's the inspiration photo for this week.  So what do you see?  You know the drill.. focus on the elements you like and then make it your own.    Sometimes it's easy to see where I got my inspiration and other times.. not so much.  So do you see it?  Well obviously it wasn't the soft pastel colors!!   Yes!  I took the die cut word set on an angle, and I grabbed the stars and turned them into flowers. 

Want a little more inspiration?  Or maybe you're just curious to see what direction the DT ladies too this one?  Just click on their names below to jump to their blog.

Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Debbie Hughes
Maureen Plut
Tasnim Ahmed 
Maureen Merritt
Silke Ledlow

I'm looking forward to seeing what you make - I'll be looking for you at Case Study Challenge!











Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.5 x 6.25"
Stamp:  Waltzingmouse Rescue Remedies
Dies:  Memory Box Thanks Script, Spellbinder Foliage, ROse Creations, Floral Flourish
Corner Rounder/Chomper:  WE R Memeory Keepers
Pattern Paper Bo Bunny Prairie Chic 6x6"
Card Stock PTI Kraft, Raspberry Fizz, DCWV Burlap, SU! Pool Party
Pearls
Ivory Button Twine May Arts
Border Punch:  Double Embossed Dotted Lace

4 comments:

Marybeth said...

This looks like the beach,to me. Maybe it's the whitewashed wood and flowers. Love the blues and pinks on this gorgeous card.
Happy you get to see some sun today,enjoy for now .

Kim Heggins said...

I am with Marybeth...looks like beach to me too, or at least spring. I love all the soft sweet colors and your bright pink thanks...as always you are amazing!

Laura Davis said...

Ooooohh I love this, it has a bohemian feel!
laura

Lisa Minckler said...

OHHH for cryin' out loud...this is GORGEOUS!!!! I'm "awwing" over every little detail. The colors and papers and embellies are amazing together. Beautiful work. :)