Thursday, February 9, 2012

WMSC #83 - Black Leopard Heart

 
I hope everyone is having a great day!!  Me??  Sort of so/so.
I stayed home all day waiting for a special truck delivery of - and you'll never believe this..... CHOCOLATE!  I'm in charge of the Fannie May chocolate sale for our Boy Scout troop and all the goods are being delivered HERE!  I can't believe they trust me with that much temptation!!!  I've been waiting all day - looking out the window every time I hear a car door slam - and still no chocolate.  They tell me that for some reason the delivery was delayed and I can expect to receive it tomorrow!!!   How horrible!  Another day of waiting and worse than that, a day without chocolate!   Oh well - it gave me time to surf the web and work on a few things.  Gotta look at the up side right???

WMS Sketches_MS font_separateToday I'm playing along with the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.  I did a lot of peeking this week - normally I don't look at any other designs until I'm done with mine.  I almost didn't do an entry because I saw so many excellent ones that I wasn't sure if I would stand a chance at Top Mouse.  I knew to stand out that I would have to do something ... you guessed it.... completely different.  I decided to go for it and make a tag for a gift for my daughter.   I am so proud of her!!!  She just completed her first semester at University and made the Dean's List!!  I am so glad she's off to a good start.  I've done all my motherly lecturing and was hopeful that some of it sunk in!  I'm so thankful!!!  Now I just keep asking her who this Dean guy is and if he's good looking!!  Her response????  "OH MOM!!!" of course!
I made this tag with lots and lots of layers - take a look at that close up!! I hand stamped the background with  an accent piece from Oval Classic Frames.  For the lace strip I used a border stamp from Pic Nic Patterns and embossed it black.  I added glittery leopard paper, metallic textured paper, and that big fat bow!   I know my daughter will love this and will be able to see all the love that I put into it.  Just my little way of letting her know that to me... she is sooooo worth it!! 
Jeanne

Supplies used:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Cameo to Go, Oval Classic Frames, PicNic Patterns
Dies:  Spellbinders Big Scalloped Ovals, Classic Scalloped Heart, Classic Hearts, Grand Circles, Grand Scalloped Circles, Tag Trio
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Tim Holtz/Ranger Vintage Photo

12 comments:

Kelly S. said...

I have never seen a leopard card print before and I LOVE IT, Jeanne J!!!! And they are SPARKLY leopard spots!!!! It's so COOOOL! The pairing with the cameo and your own mix of stamped background patterns...so chic. What a fab bow (as always) :) I would hug this card if I saw it in person, hahahaha :) That's how much I love it!!

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful layers on this fun tag/ card Jeanne! love the colors and stampings and beautiful bow!

a lovely offering to your daughter for a job well done!

Ruby said...

This is FAB! Love the colours, the pattern. Gorgeous! I need to get more creative with backgrounds, thanks for the inspiration!

Cathy Weber said...

You and I have talked about this before, but the best cards we make are ones that have special meaning. This one obviously has special meaning to you because it is gorgeous. Those layers, the lepard paper, all that stamping...that beautiful bow. I love this and I know that your daughter will too. I see a winner, my prediction!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

You are the queen of bows - I need to take a class! :) I adore all of the layers and that glittery animal print is sooo fun! Great job, Jeanne!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

So stylish and BEAUTIFUL! LOVE your stamping - so perfect and all your wonderful details- just lovely! Have a great weekend, hugs, Karin

Carla said...

WOW!!!!! great card. love from Holland.

Renee said...

How stunningly gorgeous, Jeanne!
LOVE that funky leopard heart...
it's fabulous!
What am I saying...
everything's fabulous! :)

Lenet said...

Just beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at wmsc.

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! This is so glamourous!! Love the black and gold, and the leopard print stamp is just fab! Great card!

Suzanne said...

Jeanne, this is so gorgeous! I love that bow!

Savitri said...

SOOOOOO Pretty!!! LOVE the big ribbon!!